Logo

• Register
  • | Login
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Gplus
  • Linkedin

Our forum Area

This is a discussion on ghostscript - old version in the Software, Development, and Programming forum
I'm working on a web application and i need to use ghostscript to merge several PDF files together into one. This works nicely on my ...

Loyal Client

Question ghostscript - old version

I'm working on a web application and i need to use ghostscript to merge several PDF files together into one.

This works nicely on my local systems, but when i try to do it on the jag server it fails with a segmentation fault.

I looked around and spoke with the ghostscript people and they said that the version we use on the server (7.07) is MANY years old and will never work with PDF files.

What options do i have at this time? Can Jag update the ghostscript installed on the server for everyones benefit? or should i compile and install the latest version under my home directory?

Thank you.

Open a support ticket and ask to have it updated. Usually they'll be willing to do it. If not then maybe you can run GS from your own account.

--Jason
    Jason Pitoniak
    Interbrite Communications
    www.interbrite.com www.kodiakskorner.com

You can always compile it from source.
    Jason Pitoniak

Loyal Client
    I believe the server is running FC3 or equivalent which has been put into legacy mode (no new updates). Thus there are no new RPM releases except for important/security bugs.

Thus, i've installed the latest version in my home dir.

Loyal Client
    As i said above, i've installed it on my home dir, in other words, i've done a 'configure && make && install'

it was amazing.. it worked the first time!

weird isn't it.. i'd expect compiler errors, makefile errors, dynamic object lib errors, malloc errors, undefined kernel symbol errors, mystic coefficient errors from outer space... but no... it just worked... !!

You can always compile it from source.
    Jason Pitoniak