Logo

• Register
  • | Login
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Gplus
  • Linkedin

Our forum Area

View Poll Results: Do you feel spammed by JagPC?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • What are you talking about? Fire away JagPC!

3 18.75%
  • I get two copies per newsletter. That's one too many

3 18.75%
  • I get more than two copies per newsletter. One is more than enough

3 18.75%
  • I'd like to opt out of the marketing stuff all together

7 43.75%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Opt out for JagPC marketing mail in the Suggestions and Feedback forum
7 people voted on the poll, which means very little. If there was 1000+ people voting on the poll, then you can start taking the ...

7 people voted on the poll, which means very little. If there was 1000+ people voting on the poll, then you can start taking the numbers seriously. If you have 250K clients, 7 poll answers? like a needle in the haystack.

As with any industry and business, you rarely ever hear from satisfied/happy clients. They don't have time to do polls, or surveys, etc. People that are unhappy will make sure to fill out surveys, and post complaints on forums. Internet/forum/survey complaints, are weighed very little in any industry because of this.

Look at the Auto industry. They used mailed surveys. Back in the 80's they really meant something. Then the surveys were used only by complaints, and no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't get people that were happy with the product to answer them. Then they went to phone call surveys, which didn't work either, cause happy people didn't want to be bothered. Then they went to email surveys, and same thing. So if you cannot gauge the good with the bad, it is pointless.

We have about a handful of people here in the forum that are active every day. Say 4-5 that are completely disatisfied with everything Jag does or says. Where is the other 250K people? They must be pretty satisfied cause you don't hear from them.

Point is, in reality, You cannot change your business model over 4-5 people when you have over 250,000 majority satisfied clients. Yes you can listen and try to be empathetic to the few that are repeatedly unhappy, but you don't change your whole business model.

I have had happy clients for years, and I would ask them, "how come you never respond to the surveys". Their answers were always the same "If I am happy, you'll never hear from me".

Now if you have a situation like netflix, where 800,000 people complained, YES, then you change your business model.

Edited / Rephrased
    JaguarPC must be doing something right, cause they have 250,000 clients, and they only have a handful here that have habitual complaints. Obviously the majority is happy and completely satisfied.

Go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by gohighvoltage View Post

All I know is this. If I was so extremely unhappy with the service here, like some of you, I would look for another service and move. The fact that you are still hanging around is odd. So either Jag is doing something right, or some people are just happy with being a habitual complainer.

Go figure...
    If this post is not deleted like the other 2 were....

Moving Hosts is not as easy as stopping netflix.

Further there is some Level of Loyalty, I have been with JPC since is was a small company, over 7 years now, that is the longest I have ever done business with consecutively with any company. I do not just want to toss that away because up till recently JPC has been great, but JPC Employee responses I am seeing on these forums is very alarming and the censorship is even more alarming.

Greg seems to have lost control of his company, which is sad
    -------------------------
    the_ancient
    MP Technology Group

JPC Dream Team
    Quote Originally Posted by the_ancient View Post

Further there is some Level of Loyalty, I have been with JPC since is was a small company, over 7 years now, that is the longest I have ever done business with consecutively with any company. I do not just want to toss that away because up till recently JPC has been great, but JPC Employee responses I am seeing on these forums is very alarming and the censorship is even more alarming.

censhorship and removing trash are two different things. No one who states their point, their reasoning and discusses the issue is going to be removed. The insults, name calling and continuing to trash others is what is being removed. I know that going from no rules, to have rules again is difficult but at somepoint you have to rip off the band aid. I am ripping it off.
    Zachary | Chief Customer Officer
    JaguarPC.com

Helpful Links
    Knowledge Base | Network Status

Need a Manager?
    (pm) | (email) Masood, Chief Technical Officer
    (pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer

How are we doing? Tell us at qa@jaguarpc.com.

JPC Dream Team
    Please do not continue to throw propaganda again. Greg & every single manager sees every post that is posted on this forum. Whether it be from you or me. The management team discusses immediate issues daily and non emergency issues weekly.
    JaguarPC.com

Helpful Links

Need a Manager?

Quote Originally Posted by JPC-Zachary View Post
    The folks who received this e-mail were current clients and we were bringing attention to a way we could benefit them.
    That's called 'selling'.

We were not selling a product or service, it was informative in nature which does not require an Opt-out.
    You were selling a service, the affiliate programme. The whole point of the email was to espouse its benefits. It was a marketing promotion, pure and simple.

A billing email is transactional. It relates to the transaction of purchasing web hosting. If you claim that this email is transactional, what exactly is the transaction?

In a previous post:

As per the law in the U.S. a company has the right to communicate with an individual or company they have a business relationship with for up to 18 months after they leave.
    Did you just make that up? It's not the case at all.

I received six emails. Three to each of the two registered email addresses. I replied once with "Thank you. But you only have to tell me one time". This of course raised a ticket, to which an answer eventually came: "We apologize for the multiple emails regarding the promotion. If you have any questions, please let us know"

The answer should have included "... and we have taken steps to prevent this from happening again". Because this is not the first time it's happened.

At least it's not as bad as eNom. They actually forge email headers.

JPC Dream Team
    We were not selling a service. We were providing you an update to a service that you are receiving. The affiliate program accounts are included standard with all services we provide. It is part of the account. As per the CAN-SPAM, Act of 2003 we are legally able to provide updates to clients in regards to their product. It would be no different than us sending out a notification that we are increasing the size of the DataLock box of all clients which is include standard with all accounts.

(v) to deliver goods or services, including product updates or upgrades, that the recipient is entitled to receive under the terms of a transaction that the recipient has previously agreed to enter into with the sender.
    There will be no fruther responses in regards to this matter. Thank You!
    JaguarPC.com

Helpful Links

Need a Manager?

From my dashboard:

"You are not current subscribed to the affiliate program. Subscribe now for free!"

I have not engaged in a transaction relating to the affiliate programme. JPC is encouraging me to do so, for its own commercial benefit. Nothing wrong with that, but that classifies emails encouraging same as commercial/marketing.

It's clear-cut. Commercial emails must conform to the CAN-SPAM provisions. They don't. So they're spam.

Im not sure what I've lost control of but happy to discuss this with you in pm, email, skype, chat, whatever. We don't want to lose a long time client such as yourself.
    Greg Landis | President/CEO
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at QA@jaguarpc.com.

Need a Manager?
    (pm) | (email) Zach, Chief Customer Officer

I am sorry but aurging over the law (which Ron is 100% correct on, ask your lawyers if you do not believe me, and if your lawyers tell you different GET NEW ONES) is kinda stupid

The fact that is annoying customers enough they will post here on the forums should tell you something should be done ASAP, I get a minimum of 3 copies of these emails every time they are sent. You know how many I read??? ZERO.....

Attached is a SC of my Inbox for the Ipad Email

Attachment 726
    Thats nuts, our mailing system has been borked by some previous developers. In your client settings theres an area to change what emails you want to receive. I think the problem may be a bug within our mail system.

The new mailing will queue an email address, not accounts. Right now it seems to queue an email for each account or each user. Maintenance notices should not be mixed in with newsletters. Clearly we need some attention on the mailing system sooner than later.

Need a Manager?

Thanks for that response, Greg. Straight to the point.

Ron
    Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by JPC-Greg View Post
    Im not sure what I've lost control of but happy to discuss this with you in pm, email, skype, chat, whatever. We don't want to lose a long time client such as yourself.
    He may not be able to read this response since he's been banned from the forums.
    Good luck

He's unbanned

Need a Manager?

Quote Originally Posted by JPC-Greg View Post
    Thats nuts, our mailing system has been borked by some previous developers. In your client settings theres an area to change what emails you want to receive. I think the problem may be a bug within our mail system.

The new mailing will queue an email address, not accounts. Right now it seems to queue an email for each account or each user. Maintenance notices should not be mixed in with newsletters. Clearly we need some attention on the mailing system sooner than later.
    Thank you Greg.....

I will look at the settings you speak of, and I figured there was a bug that is why I wanted to post the screen shot...

If no one ever posts bugs nothing will ever be fixed...
    -------------------------
    the_ancient
    MP Technology Group

Thanks Greg, that's very clear and to the point, and very welcome. Not just up here, but in your other recent posts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gohighvoltage View Post
    As with any industry and business, you rarely ever hear from satisfied/happy clients. They don't have time to do polls, or surveys, etc. People that are unhappy will make sure to fill out surveys, and post complaints on forums. Internet/forum/survey complaints, are weighed very little in any industry because of this. [..]

We have about a handful of people here in the forum that are active every day. Say 4-5 that are completely disatisfied with everything Jag does or says. Where is the other 250K people? They must be pretty satisfied cause you don't hear from them. [..]

JaguarPC must be doing something right, cause they have 250,000 clients, and they only have a handful here that have habitual complaints. Obviously the majority is happy and completely satisfied.
    Ehm.. gohighvoltage, where do you get all this? Obviously the majortiy is completely satisfied? You're just making that up mate. You have absolutely no way of knowing that; you haven't asked them all, nor are you encouraging people to speak up about whatever issues they may have. The best data you have, however flaky, is this poll, so why are you trying to smother it?

Honestly, those you don't hear from right now are happy? What makes you think this? Frankly, you sound rather new to this business to me. In my experience, hardly anyone, satisfied or otherwise, will offer feedback. Those with issues will stay just as silent towards you as those who are happy. In my experience any feedback, postive or negative, is to be cherished.

BTW, Zach, per your personal policy, shouldn't you be deleting the above post from gohighvoltage? I read one of The_Ancient's posts before it dissapeared and it was no where near as personally offensive as the above. Do you really want fellow users to tell your customers when they come to the forums to provide feeedback that they "have habitual complaints"? I'd appreciate a straight up answer, as I can use my time better than bothering to make a long time ongoing issue like this visable for JagPC, only to have it scolded and ignored. (Just very glad to see Greg is not on that page here.)

N.B. Just to be clear: I do not think it a particularly good idea to go around deleting such things. I just want to point out what moderation has become here of late. No moderator should both take an active part in a conversation and moderate on said conversation at the same time. If that's too much for some moderators to do well naturally, either make it a hard rule and enforce it, or take their moderator rights away.
    Last edited by Gwaihir; 11-09-2011 at 04:48 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast