Logo

• Register
  • | Login
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Gplus
  • Linkedin

Our forum Area

View Poll Results: Do you feel spammed by JagPC?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • What are you talking about? Fire away JagPC!

3 18.75%
  • I get two copies per newsletter. That's one too many

3 18.75%
  • I get more than two copies per newsletter. One is more than enough

3 18.75%
  • I'd like to opt out of the marketing stuff all together

7 43.75%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Opt out for JagPC marketing mail in the Suggestions and Feedback forum
Originally Posted by JPC-Zachary That makes a lot more sense. I had a what the hell moment there for a second. I recently had one ...

Ron
    Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by JPC-Zachary View Post
    That makes a lot more sense. I had a what the hell moment there for a second.
    I recently had one of those myself
    Good luck

I am very good with vocabulary, but I had to look that one up too. Also, I always try and use basic words on forums, which typically in SEO is recommended. This way people that are not as educated, can understand, and basic words are easier read and flows better.

No problem with using complex words, no problems here with that. Just I tend to treat forums differently.

Ron
    Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    This is being hit in the head in here. You want 12A.
    Aaaack. I was wrong.

I'm sorry, but this is abuse... you want room 12A, Just along the corridor.
    Good luck

I'll make sure you get a prize.
    That's a deal. I've signed up, and here's the result.

Oops. I'll have to change that. Just noticed that the banner and the JPC website it points to have different prices. The banners must be a bit old.

I'll upload the other 100 or so web pages tomorrow. I've put JPC up the top and moved Google down the bottom. It will be interesting to see the result, and if it impacts Google revenue.

Ron
    Loyal Client
    It will probably wipe out your google revenue.

Can you put your google banner after the Arial font or the Aquafont?

GigaDeal? Is anything here still called GigaDeal?
    Good luck

I don't think the actual name of the deal matters much, but it would be good to have updated banners (memo to JPC: please update banners - golo might be able to assist).

I'll know in a couple of days if it affects Google revenue. There are sufficient page visitors to make such comparisons meaningful.

I can place it further down, but that requires some coding, and thought. It needs to allow for the rarer languages, some of which only have one font. So inserting it after font three (it's a table) isn't going to work. But I'm happy to play around with it, I'm looking forward to the iPad ...

Ron
    Loyal Client
    I was suggesting leaving the gigadeal banner where it is, but placing the google ad in between rows.

If the table is the right size you can put the google code inside a row.
    Good luck

I'm getting some clicks, but no sign-ups yet. That's to be expected, it's early days. I thought I'd extend it to some other sites. Just reading one of the two JPC blog entries on the promotion, the one by Sabrina, and can't help feeling that this promotion was rushed through without any thought or checking at all.

Remember that shocking email sent out in October?

My name is nathan. I'am the affiliate manager at jaguarpc.com . I wanted to share some exciting news with you about the affiliate program. If you aren't promoting us yet on your website's or telling friend's and family about us, your missing out on 110.00 per referral .You can login into your account area and grab your affiliate code plus any banners that fit your website and design. Please email me with any questions you might have at nathan@jaguarpc.com < thank you
    This was my reply:

Nathan,

It's a fundamental that before sending out a mass mailing you send it to a 'test' list, with yourself and a few others on it, so that you and some of your colleagues can go through the final in excruciating detail for accuracy. Clearly this wasn't done. The letter below is so embarrassingly bad it's hard to know where to begin. But begin I must, so here is a catalogue of your errors:

Why is the email from "JaguarPC <support@jaguarpc.com>" when it's actually from you, and you encourage replies to "nathan@jaguarpc.com"?
    {Sept 22,2011} - is that a field in a template? In any case, you might not have noticed but it's October.
    {Jaguarpc.***** - yes, what about Jaguarpc.com?
    "My name is nathan". No it's not, it's Nathan.
    "I'am the affiliate manager". Try "I am the Affiliate Manager".
    " ... on your website's or telling friend's ..." - "websites", "friends". No apostrophe, they are not possessive.
    "... your missing out" - "you're missing out ...". An apostrophe is required here, it's a contraction.
    "... on 110.00 ..." 110.00 what? Dollars?
    "... referral .You ..." - "... referral. You ..."
    "< thank you". What's the "<"? Where's the new line? "Thank you".

This is amateurish. It paints JPC in a very bad light, just like the pop-up page traps on the website. You can do better
    On reading the blog entry, I'm seeing the same amateurishness. Perhaps Ron's earlier 'kitchen sink' comment needs re-visiting.

"If you are not yet an affiliate then join today: http://www.jaguarpc.com/affiliate-signup.php". But the click-through tries to go to http://blog.jaguarpc.com/affiliate-signup.php, which of course gives a 500 error.

"Professional, Consistently-Updated Banners and Text Links". Hahahahaha! Every single banner is completely out of date, with incorrect prices and mentions of promotions that no longer exist.

Get acquainted with our affiliate manager and he will answer your questions and get you signed up: Nathan@jaguarpc.com or visit http: //www.jaguarpc.com/affiliates. But the click-through goes to http://blog.jaguarpc.com/affiliates, which of course gives a 500 error.

It beggars belief that the banners would not be checked and updated at the beginning of a promotion like this. And that whoever wrote the blog entry would not then click on all the links. That's blogging 101.

Needless to say, I'm not proceeding with my planned affiliate expansion. I re-did the banner myself (pricing only) to use on the existing pages, but couldn't be bothered doing it again for what I had planned.

JPC Dream Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell thorpe View Post
    I'm getting some clicks, but no sign-ups yet. That's to be expected, it's early days. I thought I'd extend it to some other sites. Just reading one of the two JPC blog entries on the promotion, the one by Sabrina, and can't help feeling that this promotion was rushed through without any thought or checking at all.

Remember that shocking email sent out in October?

This was my reply:

On reading the blog entry, I'm seeing the same amateurishness. Perhaps Ron's earlier 'kitchen sink' comment needs re-visiting.

"If you are not yet an affiliate then join today: http://www.jaguarpc.com/affiliate-signup.php". But the click-through tries to go to http://blog.jaguarpc.com/affiliate-signup.php, which of course gives a 500 error.

"Professional, Consistently-Updated Banners and Text Links". Hahahahaha! Every single banner is completely out of date, with incorrect prices and mentions of promotions that no longer exist.

Get acquainted with our affiliate manager and he will answer your questions and get you signed up: Nathan@jaguarpc.com or visit http: //www.jaguarpc.com/affiliates. But the click-through goes to http://blog.jaguarpc.com/affiliates, which of course gives a 500 error.

It beggars belief that the banners would not be checked and updated at the beginning of a promotion like this. And that whoever wrote the blog entry would not then click on all the links. That's blogging 101.

Needless to say, I'm not proceeding with my planned affiliate expansion. I re-did the banner myself (pricing only) to use on the existing pages, but couldn't be bothered doing it again for what I had planned.
    Please shoot me an e-mail and I will send you update banners. They are very pretty. I will be taking care of the linking momentarily. Thank you for pointing that out.
    Zachary | Chief Customer Officer
    JaguarPC.com

Need a Manager?
    (pm) | (email) Greg, Chief Executive Officer
    (pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer

How are we doing? Tell us at qa@jaguarpc.com.

Those banners are first rate, and I'm using some of them now.

The blog links now work correctly.

Thanks Zach.

JPC Dream Team
    Those banners are first rate, and I'm using some of them now.

The blog links now work correctly.

Thanks Zach.
    Glad you liked them. I came up with them. The blog posts was a simple relative vs. absolute url. Thank you for pointing it out. I do appreciate it. I'll make sure to triple check my teams work next time.
    JaguarPC.com

Need a Manager?

Ron
    Loyal Client
    I'll make sure to triple check my teams work next time.
    THAT is the BEST THING you have written that I have ever read.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    THAT is the BEST THING you have written that I have ever read.
    THAT is the SHORTEST THING you have written that I have ever read.

Zach, I've deployed some of the banners, then undeployed them. The click through doesn't work. I've changed the embed code to "allowScriptAccess" value="always", but the click generates message

File not found
    Firefox can't find the file at /{path}/undefined.

JPC Dream Team
    Zach, I've deployed some of the banners, then undeployed them. The click through doesn't work. I've changed the embed code to "allowScriptAccess" value="always", but the click generates message

File not found
    Firefox can't find the file at /{path}/undefined.
    That is weird. I have deployed these same banners in our marketing campaigns across several sites and we primarily use the flash banners. We do not embed the links into the flash. That might be the issue you are having.
    JaguarPC.com

Need a Manager?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345 ... LastLast