Logo

  • Register
  • | Login
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Gplus
  • Linkedin

Our forum Area

View Poll Results: Do you feel spammed by JagPC?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • What are you talking about? Fire away JagPC!

    3 18.75%
  • I get two copies per newsletter. That's one too many

    3 18.75%
  • I get more than two copies per newsletter. One is more than enough

    3 18.75%
  • I'd like to opt out of the marketing stuff all together

    7 43.75%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 114

This is a discussion on Opt out for JagPC marketing mail in the Suggestions and Feedback forum
Originally Posted by Bell thorpe THAT is the SHORTEST THING you have written that I have ever read. So far. ...

  1. #61
    Ron
    Ron is offline
    Loyal Client
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    7,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell thorpe View Post
    THAT is the SHORTEST THING you have written that I have ever read.
    So far.
    Good luck

  2. #62
    Registered User Bell thorpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bellthorpe
    Posts
    208
    Can you point me at one of those sites, so I can have a look at the HTML or Javascript?

  3. #63
    JPC Dream Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell thorpe View Post
    Can you point me at one of those sites, so I can have a look at the HTML or Javascript?
    SitePoint Web Design, Web Development, Freelancing, Tech News and more
    Web Hosting Search - Find the best web hosts with reviews and special offers
    Zachary | Chief Customer Officer
    JaguarPC.com

    Need a Manager?
    (pm) | (email) Greg, Chief Executive Officer
    (pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer

    How are we doing? Tell us at qa@jaguarpc.com.

  4. #64
    Registered User Bell thorpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bellthorpe
    Posts
    208
    Zach, those are not the same banners as the ones you sent me.

    I have them working now. The banners were scripted to re-direct on a click - but to an unspecified location, hence the error.

    I've had to disable the re-direct with HTML, and add a javascript onmousedown re-direct to JPC on the flash object.

  5. #65
    JPC Dream Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell thorpe View Post
    Zach, those are not the same banners as the ones you sent me.

    I have them working now. The banners were scripted to re-direct on a click - but to an unspecified location, hence the error.

    I've had to disable the re-direct with HTML, and add a javascript onmousedown re-direct to JPC on the flash object.
    Did you use the set of general banners I assume? Those should not have redirects in them either. If they do I'll have to talk to our banner designer.
    Zachary | Chief Customer Officer
    JaguarPC.com

    Need a Manager?
    (pm) | (email) Greg, Chief Executive Officer
    (pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer

    How are we doing? Tell us at qa@jaguarpc.com.

  6. #66
    Registered User Bell thorpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bellthorpe
    Posts
    208
    Yep. Each of the two folders you sent me containing swf files also contained sample html files. Just click on one of those, then click on the banner. You should then see what I mean ...

  7. #67
    JPC Dream Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell thorpe View Post
    Yep. Each of the two folders you sent me containing swf files also contained sample html files. Just click on one of those, then click on the banner. You should then see what I mean ...
    I do not use the HTML and neither does the places we advertise. I'm sure that is the issue. You can see on my site: Web Hosting News, Articles, Webinars & Interviews | Web Host Summit that I use the general banners that you have (I have to approve the news that embarrassing). and I just upload the .swf file and then input the URL to openx. I skip the headache completely of the HTML. Honestly, I wouldn't even know where to start with the HTML side of things when it comes to the flash banners.
    Zachary | Chief Customer Officer
    JaguarPC.com

    Need a Manager?
    (pm) | (email) Greg, Chief Executive Officer
    (pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer

    How are we doing? Tell us at qa@jaguarpc.com.

  8. #68
    Loyal Client
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell thorpe View Post
    Remember that shocking email sent out in October?
    That painfully unprofessional October email is why I'd like to opt out of all of the marketing emails. Frankly, I can't imagine the approval process or decision making that went into October's email. That email, combined with the dismissive and inadequate tech support response we've received have really caused us to question our move to JPC.

    Quote Originally Posted by gohighvoltage
    All I know is this. If I was so extremely unhappy with the service here, like some of you, I would look for another service and move. The fact that you are still hanging around is odd. So either Jag is doing something right, or some people are just happy with being a habitual complainer.
    I've spent so much time moving a block of our client's sites over to the new server, fixing errors, patching deprecated code, etc, I'm being very careful about my next move (be it to finish migrating our other sites over to our VPS or jumping ship and trying our luck elsewhere). The fact that many have to resort to the forums just to try to escalate their tickets is a clear indication that customer needs and expectations aren't being met.

    BTW, for those who wish argue whether the iPad emails are sales, relationship or transactional in nature, please keep in mind that the email's 'From' & 'Reply To' addresses are both sales@jaguarpc.com.

  9. #69
    Loyal Client gohighvoltage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    596
    Main Street James, Although I am very empathetic to everyone's concerns with support response time, which I honestly feel that Jag is working on that situation. Keep in mind, any time you move to a new server, you will have many issues, etc, getting things right, etc. Such a large move is not so cut and dry, no matter what hosting you go to, and to top it off, the major floods in Thailand have a lot of computer related hardware going scarce, and tripling in price. I am sure ALL hosting companies have their hands full right now dealing with hardware shortages and expense.

    Hopefully they will get your issues resolved pronto.

  10. #70
    Registered User Bell thorpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bellthorpe
    Posts
    208
    Posted by gohighvoltage
    Keep in mind, any time you move to a new server, you will have many issues, etc, getting things right, etc.
    That's odd. I've never had a single error when moving sites. No matter how many odd configurations, scripts, etc. If it's properly thought out and prepared for, all goes right.

    Originally Posted by gohighvoltage
    Keep in mind, any time you move to a new server, you will have many issues, etc, getting things right, etc.
    As I said the first time, that's odd. I've never had a single error when moving sites. No matter how many odd configurations, scripts, etc. If it's properly thought out and prepared for, all goes right.
    Last edited by gohighvoltage; 11-16-2011 at 08:29 PM. Reason: accidentally hit edit on wrong post.

  11. #71
    Loyal Client gohighvoltage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    596
    As I said the first time, that's odd. I've never had a single error when moving sites. No matter how many odd configurations, scripts, etc. If it's properly thought out and prepared for, all goes right.
    Hey Bell Thorpe,

    I stand corrected, I mean to say, you can run into many little issues, configuration issues, etc.

    You are absolutely correct, a lot has to do with one's experience, knowledge and preparation.

    When I switched over from another host, they were not using cpanel, so my switch was pretty involved, but thankfully, Jag's support did come through for me and made it entirely painless and without issues.

    I am very grateful for that.

    I do agree with you thought about preparation, etc.

  12. #72
    Ron
    Ron is offline
    Loyal Client
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    7,419
    Even with tons and tons of preparation the risk is still there. Stuff happens.
    Good luck

  13. #73
    Loyal Client
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by gohighvoltage View Post
    Main Street James, Although I am very empathetic to everyone's concerns with support response time, which I honestly feel that Jag is working on that situation. Keep in mind, any time you move to a new server, you will have many issues, etc, getting things right, etc. Such a large move is not so cut and dry, no matter what hosting you go to, and to top it off, the major floods in Thailand have a lot of computer related hardware going scarce, and tripling in price. I am sure ALL hosting companies have their hands full right now dealing with hardware shortages and expense.

    Hopefully they will get your issues resolved pronto.
    My issues with JPC tech support had nothing to do with moving our sites or moving to a new host. Any code or configuration compatibility issues were ours to resolve, and we did so on our own.

    The issues materialized after problems on our node resulted in JPC tech support doing something to our VPS. After that we had persistent issues that were repeatedly - and incorrectly - written off as the fault of our "node neighbors" and generally dismissed with "everything looks OK now". The specific errors we reported and our offers of supporting data were just ignored.

    Those types of tech support responses indicate a systemic problem and inadequate training (not to mention the lack of reading comprehension and listening skills). We were even told by JPC tech support - just last week - that they weren't sure if they could support us because we were using "non-standard" control panel software, which happens to be the InterWorx control panel sold and installed by JPC (and even recommended in these forums by Greg, JPC's CEO).

    Our problems with JPC tech support started before Thailand's flooding, have nothing to do with hardware, its price or scarcity, or with running so-called "non-statndard" control panel software. They have to do with the fact that JPC tech support doesn't read the entire ticket (or pay attention during phone calls). They don't seem to understand when a sense of urgency is required. Every time a different tech touches the ticket they don't read the history (they only assume the previous tech was correct). They are dismissive & don't give us any credit for knowing what we are talking about even when we report specific problems (including, but not limited to, providing the actual errors from the system logs).

    I certainly hope that JPC is "working on the situation", but at what price to those of us who are expected to wait patiently while they work things out?

  14. #74
    CTO JPC-Masood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Jaguar Servers
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Main Street James View Post
    The issues materialized after problems on our node resulted in JPC tech support doing something to our VPS. After that we had persistent issues that were repeatedly - and incorrectly - written off as the fault of our "node neighbors" and generally dismissed with "everything looks OK now". The specific errors we reported and our offers of supporting data were just ignored.
    Which support ticket was this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Main Street James View Post
    Those types of tech support responses indicate a systemic problem and inadequate training (not to mention the lack of reading comprehension and listening skills). We were even told by JPC tech support - just last week - that they weren't sure if they could support us because we were using "non-standard" control panel software, which happens to be the InterWorx control panel sold and installed by JPC (and even recommended in these forums by Greg, JPC's CEO).
    You said earlier it was over phone. Who did you talk to and on which number?

    Quote Originally Posted by Main Street James View Post
    Our problems with JPC tech support started before Thailand's flooding, have nothing to do with hardware, its price or scarcity, or with running so-called "non-statndard" control panel software. They have to do with the fact that JPC tech support doesn't read the entire ticket (or pay attention during phone calls). They don't seem to understand when a sense of urgency is required. Every time a different tech touches the ticket they don't read the history (they only assume the previous tech was correct). They are dismissive & don't give us any credit for knowing what we are talking about even when we report specific problems (including, but not limited to, providing the actual errors from the system logs).
    Please let me know a ticket ID for this as well.
    Masood N. | Chief Technical Officer JaguarPC.com

  15. #75
    JPC Dream Team JPC-Sabrina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    847
    I certainly hope that JPC is "working on the situation", but at what price to those of us who are expected to wait patiently while they work things out?
    Changes are rapidly occurring. I agree that your patience should not be tried and we do apologize for the problems you have encountered during your move Main Street James. If at some point you could respond to Masood's questions it would be helpful. JaguarPC is making every effort to improve not only technical response times but also the way that support tickets are handled and passed along to different levels of support. We do consider all responses on the forums and your statements help us evaluate when we are rising to the occasion and where we are faltering. Issues will arise regardless of the most stringent preparations for all problems. We do hope your problems have been adequately resolved.
    Sabrina/ Public Relations

    Helpful Link
    Knowledge Base

    Need a Manager?

    (pm)| (email) Zachary, Sales and Services
    (pm) | (email) Masood, Chief Technical Officer
    (pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •