Logo

• Register
  • | Login
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Gplus
  • Linkedin

Our forum Area

View Poll Results: Do you feel spammed by JagPC?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • What are you talking about? Fire away JagPC!

3 18.75%
  • I get two copies per newsletter. That's one too many

3 18.75%
  • I get more than two copies per newsletter. One is more than enough

3 18.75%
  • I'd like to opt out of the marketing stuff all together

7 43.75%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 567 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Opt out for JagPC marketing mail in the Suggestions and Feedback forum
Originally Posted by JPC-Masood Which support ticket was this? ... You said earlier it was over phone. Who did you talk to and on which ...

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by JPC-Masood View Post
    Which support ticket was this?
    You said earlier it was over phone. Who did you talk to and on which number?
    Please let me know a ticket ID for this as well.
    I've already answered those questions on the phone to a JPC tech support supervisor (when I called in to complain about these very issue) as well as in another thread. I got exactly the response and feedback that I expected: none.

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by JPC-Sabrina View Post
    Changes are rapidly occurring. I agree that your patience should not be tried and we do apologize for the problems you have encountered during your move Main Street James. If at some point you could respond to Masood's questions it would be helpful.
    I'v already answered those questions in another thread. I even called in to complain about it. When I insisted that someone - anyone - who knew what the hell was going on with our tickets and VPS call me back when it was being worked on I was told that JPC cannot call me back. Not even supervisors, etc, etc can call me back. Every time someone touches the ticket it is someone different. Every time we call in we get someone different. Every time we want to talk to a supervisor it is someone different. There is no ownership of ongoing issues or accountability when the tech has the audacity to reply to a ticket with "It looks OK now. Let us know if you any further problems." or "It was one of your node neighbors. Let us know if you any further problems." Saying things are "OK" when the actual problem hasn't been addressed doesn't make it so. Blaming another account else when the actual problem hasn't been addressed doesn't make it so.

JaguarPC is making every effort to improve not only technical response times but also the way that support tickets are handled and passed along to different levels of support.
    Here's a few tips (in no particular order of priority and by no means a complete list):
    * Learn how to prioritize. A server that is down, unresponsive, dreadfully slow, etc absolutely must be a top priority - even above opening new accounts or setting up new clients. Just look through these forums for posters complaining that their server is down and that it has been hours and the ticket is still unassigned, their server is still down and they have no feedback. I understand that spending even a few minutes to update the ticket with some sort of progress takes away from the time a tech is doing other things, but leaving the client hanging, guessing, in the dark, etc absolutely conveys a lack of attention or concern about the client's problem. Ignoring the ticket translates into ignoring the client.

* As mentioned by someone else in these forums a few days ago, add a checkbox to the ticket system to indicate whether their server or website is down. Yes, this is ripe for abuse, but if you have a matching checkbox or 'level of responsiveness' indicator in your internal support/ticket information system that indicates that a JPC tech has checked the server and it is in fact down (or unresponsive, dreadfully slow, etc) it will confirm the situation and the ticket can be immediately escalated rather then letting it languish for hours (and hours and hours) until somebody actually looks at the situation. BTW, tickets marked by the client as "server or site down" need to checked immediately, and not when they finally reach the top of the queue.

* Add a field to your internal client information - that is included in your internal support/ticket system information - that indicates the client's level of experience, knowledge, etc. This information can be used by your techs to decide if they are actually going to give any weight to the actual comments and information provided by the ticket or the tech support phone call. Not that they should be ignoring, disregarding or discounting information provided and/or offered by the client or the ticket, but since it is a fact that they do perhaps this extra piece of information could persuade them to at least consider the client's input.

* Add some fields to your internal support/ticket system info that indicates the client's hosting/server information. If your tech's have to ask the client what control panel, server type, account type, etc you are wasting everybody's time. If the tech sees that the client is using something that they are not familiar with - such as your tech's comments that you don't know if you can support the InterWorx control panel software that JPC sells - they should immediately know they are in over their head and get someone else so that you don't waste the client's or the tech's time (because we know the client will have to end up calling back or explaining themselves again anyway). If, as stated by JPC tech support, that only Level 3 techs can support accounts with the InterWorx control panel then this account information should immediately escalate the ticket to someone who can work on it. I cannot tell you how many times I've received ticket updates with "I am unable to resolve it given my resources. I am escalating this issue to our more experienced support technicians so that they can provide better assistance." Since tickets languish in the queue in order received - and every ticket update puts them back at the end of the queue - this update only results in further delays.

* Stress reading the entire ticket history, or for that matter, reading comprehension. Reading the last tech's response of "everything looks OK now" is not sufficient to addressing a problem that clearly hasn't been resolved. Perhaps the techs only read the info that the previous tech enters into the notes that we don't see on our end of the ticket. If that's the case they should go back and read what the client has said, because if this ticket keeps coming back then obviously it is not resolved. BTW, without reading comprehension the level of experience rating suggested above is worthless.

* Add a checkbox to your internal support/ticket system that acknowledges that the tech has read the entire ticket. This will add some level of accountability for those who simply don't read the ticket. This happens much more often then you realize.

* Teach your techs how to pay attention and listen when taking a support phone call. Latching on to one thing the caller says rather than listening to everything they are saying immediately dooms this round of phone support to failure. We are not calling because we are lonely or have time to waste. We are not calling back for those reasons either.

* Figure out a way to assign a high level tech to a client, server and/or VPS. Even if this means creating an optional new class of client who pays a little extra for the service. Not for every ticket, but so many different hands touch a ticket - some very competent, some not - that there is no one who actually know what's going on with a particular client, VPS, server, etc. It is not practical for a high level tech to be involved in a ticket like "why is my overall bandwidth displayed in bits, but the bandwidth per domain is displayed in bytes?", but it is also not practical for a Level 1 tech to be dealing with a ticket about a server being down, especially when it is an on going situation.

* If you can't assign a high level tech to a client, server and/or VPS, at least find a way to make sure the same tech handles - or is at least consulted on - escalated tickets. If that tech is on the clock, or has flagged the ticket to call them with any questions (during reasonable hours), they will prevent the person who catches the ticket this time around from wasting time coming up to speed on the ticket. I'm sure you have plenty of notes, etc that the techs enter into the ticket system that we don't see, but if your techs don't read what the client enters into the ticket I have to question if they read everything that the previous tech(s) have entered.

* You have vendors or suppliers that you receive support from. Ask yourself "What is it that these vendors do right regarding client or technical support? Do we do those things right?" and "What is it that these vendors do wrong regarding client or technical support? Do we do those things wrong, too?"

We do consider all responses on the forums and your statements help us evaluate when we are rising to the occasion and where we are faltering. Issues will arise regardless of the most stringent preparations for all problems. We do hope your problems have been adequately resolved.
    We currently have a small issue with regards to a mail user. I am going to spend the time to try to research and resolve it myself rather than create a ticket. This is not because I want to solve everything myself. It's because I expect the process of submitting a ticket, correcting the misinterpretation by the tech, waiting for the ticket to be escalated a few times, having to ask the next tech to re-read the original information in the ticket, providing the next tech information they should have been able to obtain themselves or understood from the ticket history, and finally trying to figure it out myself to be extremely frustrating and completely unsatisfying. The fact they JPC tech support has quickly became an act of last resort should be tell you something about when you are rising to the occasion and where you are faltering.

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street James View Post
    I've already answered those questions on the phone to a JPC tech support supervisor (when I called in to complain about these very issue) as well as in another thread. I got exactly the response and feedback that I expected: none.
    Who did you talk to and at what number?
    Masood N. | Chief Technical Officer JaguarPC.com

Here's a few tips (in no particular order of priority and by no means a complete list):
    * Learn how to prioritize. A server that is down, unresponsive, dreadfully slow, etc absolutely must be a top priority - even above opening new accounts or setting up new clients. Just look through these forums for posters complaining that their server is down and that it has been hours and the ticket is still unassigned, their server is still down and they have no feedback. I understand that spending even a few minutes to update the ticket with some sort of progress takes away from the time a tech is doing other things, but leaving the client hanging, guessing, in the dark, etc absolutely conveys a lack of attention or concern about the client's problem. Ignoring the ticket translates into ignoring the client.

* As mentioned by someone else in these forums a few days ago, add a checkbox to the ticket system to indicate whether their server or website is down. Yes, this is ripe for abuse, but if you have a matching checkbox or 'level of responsiveness' indicator in your internal support/ticket information system that indicates that a JPC tech has checked the server and it is in fact down (or unresponsive, dreadfully slow, etc) it will confirm the situation and the ticket can be immediately escalated rather then letting it languish for hours (and hours and hours) until somebody actually looks at the situation. BTW, tickets marked by the client as "server or site down" need to checked immediately, and not when they finally reach the top of the queue.

* Add a field to your internal client information - that is included in your internal support/ticket system information - that indicates the client's level of experience, knowledge, etc. This information can be used by your techs to decide if they are actually going to give any weight to the actual comments and information provided by the ticket or the tech support phone call. Not that they should be ignoring, disregarding or discounting information provided and/or offered by the client or the ticket, but since it is a fact that they do perhaps this extra piece of information could persuade them to at least consider the client's input.
    This is already prioritized and server down issues take up top priority. However when there are 5 servers down and 4 techs working on 4 servers, one will be delayed until another gets resolved.

We do this already via client notes.
    * Add some fields to your internal support/ticket system info that indicates the client's hosting/server information. If your tech's have to ask the client what control panel, server type, account type, etc you are wasting everybody's time. If the tech sees that the client is using something that they are not familiar with - such as your tech's comments that you don't know if you can support the InterWorx control panel software that JPC sells - they should immediately know they are in over their head and get someone else so that you don't waste the client's or the tech's time (because we know the client will have to end up calling back or explaining themselves again anyway). If, as stated by JPC tech support, that only Level 3 techs can support accounts with the InterWorx control panel then this account information should immediately escalate the ticket to someone who can work on it. I cannot tell you how many times I've received ticket updates with "I am unable to resolve it given my resources. I am escalating this issue to our more experienced support technicians so that they can provide better assistance." Since tickets languish in the queue in order received - and every ticket update puts them back at the end of the queue - this update only results in further delays.
    All of this information is available however if someone fails to look it up over the phone call then please let us know the phone # you called and the person you spoke to so we can have a word with that person. Regarding the delay in escalation, this is not going to change until we get rid of different levels in support.

* Stress reading the entire ticket history, or for that matter, reading comprehension. Reading the last tech's response of "everything looks OK now" is not sufficient to addressing a problem that clearly hasn't been resolved. Perhaps the techs only read the info that the previous tech enters into the notes that we don't see on our end of the ticket. If that's the case they should go back and read what the client has said, because if this ticket keeps coming back then obviously it is not resolved. BTW, without reading comprehension the level of experience rating suggested above is worthless.

* Add a checkbox to your internal support/ticket system that acknowledges that the tech has read the entire ticket. This will add some level of accountability for those who simply don't read the ticket. This happens much more often then you realize.
    This is an ongoing struggle in support. Adding a checkbox means nothing if someone fails to do the job. Let us know ticket # where it was not done so we can do a quality check.

* Teach your techs how to pay attention and listen when taking a support phone call. Latching on to one thing the caller says rather than listening to everything they are saying immediately dooms this round of phone support to failure. We are not calling because we are lonely or have time to waste. We are not calling back for those reasons either.
    Let us know who you talked to and what problem you faced in that call so we can have a word with that tech and get it reviewed via quality assurance. Also note phone support is only Level 1 which is basic technical sales questions. If you are calling about server down or some complex issue, you are expecting too much. You should stick to support ticket until we offer Level 2 or 3 phone support.

* Figure out a way to assign a high level tech to a client, server and/or VPS. Even if this means creating an optional new class of client who pays a little extra for the service. Not for every ticket, but so many different hands touch a ticket - some very competent, some not - that there is no one who actually know what's going on with a particular client, VPS, server, etc. It is not practical for a high level tech to be involved in a ticket like "why is my overall bandwidth displayed in bits, but the bandwidth per domain is displayed in bytes?", but it is also not practical for a Level 1 tech to be dealing with a ticket about a server being down, especially when it is an on going situation.

* If you can't assign a high level tech to a client, server and/or VPS, at least find a way to make sure the same tech handles - or is at least consulted on - escalated tickets. If that tech is on the clock, or has flagged the ticket to call them with any questions (during reasonable hours), they will prevent the person who catches the ticket this time around from wasting time coming up to speed on the ticket. I'm sure you have plenty of notes, etc that the techs enter into the ticket system that we don't see, but if your techs don't read what the client enters into the ticket I have to question if they read everything that the previous tech(s) have entered.
    This could be done if we have more support resources and that is possible if we increase hosting prices to fund that. We can do as much as possible.

* You have vendors or suppliers that you receive support from. Ask yourself "What is it that these vendors do right regarding client or technical support? Do we do those things right?" and "What is it that these vendors do wrong regarding client or technical support? Do we do those things wrong, too?"
    Thank you for all the advice and feedback. We are well aware of these and in fact many of the vendor problems spill over to our clients.

Loyal Client
    Who did you talk to and at what number?
    We called the JPC tech support 800 number. You'll have to check any notes on the ticket to see who we initially spoke to (they entered the ticket in the first person as though we had entered it, which I am certainly not pleased with) and who we followed up with (the supervisor who didn't escalate the issue and stated that JPC can't call people back no matter how bad the situation is). The ticket number is 13452726, which I've already posted in another thread asking who we spoke to. Obviously these posts are read by the same people who are not reading the actual problems in the tickets.

Loyal Client
    It is extremely discouraging if some form of most of those suggestions are in fact already in place, and yet we still regularly and repeatedly encounter these types of problems.

We called the JPC tech support 800 number. You'll have to check any notes on the ticket to see who we initially spoke to (they entered the ticket in the first person as though we had entered it, which I am certainly not pleased with) and who we followed up with (the supervisor who didn't escalate the issue and stated that JPC can't call people back no matter how bad the situation is). The ticket number is 13452726, which I've already posted in another thread asking who we spoke to. Obviously these posts are read by the same people who are not reading the actual problems in the tickets.
    Thank you for providing the requested information. The ticket has been forwarded to our quality assurance department to review the situation with the tech who handled that phone call. Interworx is a standard control panel and we support it all the way. That tech made a mistake and will be corrected.

It is extremely discouraging if some form of most of those suggestions are in fact already in place, and yet we still regularly and repeatedly encounter these types of problems.
    Please share ticket #s where you repeatedly encounter the same problem.

Loyal Client
    Please share ticket #s where you repeatedly encounter the same problem.
    I've provided ticket numbers over the phone and in other threads. I asked - even pleased and demanded - that someone from JPC call me about our problems and the lack of proper resolution. I was told that JPC doesn't call customers, period. The only effort made by JPC to communicate with us about our problems has been JPC's responses to our complaints in these forums, which is an inefficient, ineffective and unsatisfying method of resolving problems and maintaing a customer/vendor relationship.

I've provided ticket numbers over the phone and in other threads. I asked - even pleased and demanded - that someone from JPC call me about our problems and the lack of proper resolution. I was told that JPC doesn't call customers, period. The only effort made by JPC to communicate with us about our problems has been JPC's responses to our complaints in these forums, which is an inefficient, ineffective and unsatisfying method of resolving problems and maintaing a customer/vendor relationship.
    If you provide us the ticket number we can reopen it and review it in support ticket system or if you do not want to provide the ticket number here, you can ask the ticket be reviewed by management right on the ticket. These forums are for the community and not the official support. We are only going to ask you to work with us in support system. Phone is available only for Level 1 support at this time.

JaguarPC does understand your frustration Main Street James. But, our technical support team is actively working with you to resolve your issues. We do realize that our current support system structure isn't what many customers would like to see. We are making every effort to provide clients with a system that will be more than adequate to handle technical support issues. While these changes are put into place and finalized it will be necessary to open a support ticket in order for the department to adequately resolve your issues. Your constructive criticism has been reviewed and all of these issues are being addressed. JaguarPC does extend its apologies for the difficulties which you have encountered. Thank you for your input and patience.
    Sabrina/ Public Relations

Helpful Link
    Knowledge Base

Need a Manager?

(pm)| (email) Zachary, Sales and Services
    (pm) | (email) Masood, Chief Technical Officer
    (pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer

Loyal Client
    If you provide us the ticket number we can reopen it and review it in support ticket system or if you do not want to provide the ticket number here, you can ask the ticket be reviewed by management right on the ticket. These forums are for the community and not the official support. We are only going to ask you to work with us in support system. Phone is available only for Level 1 support at this time.
    I'm well aware that these forums are not for "support". I started posting in these forums because I could not get any results or response from JPC simply by opening tickets or making phone calls. I'm sure it was simply a coincidence that only after I started complaining in these forums someone at JPC actually addressed the problem we had repeatedly reported and complained about.

The fact that "Phone is available only for Level 1 support at this time" means that I cannot discuss our problems with someone at JPC besides a Level 1 tech (who, of course, cannot address the issues we had nor the lack of their timely resolution).

Reopening or reviewing our tickets without our direct input is meaningless to us. It's also fruitless for us since we cannot actually discuss the ongoing issues and erroneous assessments & diagnosis we had to deal with with anyone above a Level 1 tech.

Loyal Client
    JaguarPC does understand your frustration Main Street James. But, our technical support team is actively working with you to resolve your issues.
    The fact is that your technical support team was not working with us to resolve the ongoing issues. If they had been they would have read the information and error log snippet we provided when we opened the ticket rather than repeatedly telling us "everything looks OK now" or "it was one of your node neighbors" without addressing the errors that were included when we opened the ticket. If they had been working with us they wouldn't have waited 7+ hours after our 2nd phone call to finally take a look at our server when it was unresponsive & we had to restart our web server every minute or two simply to get it to do anything, and they certainly wouldn't have marked the ticket 'Level 1' with a 'Normal' priority.

We do realize that our current support system structure isn't what many customers would like to see. We are making every effort to provide clients with a system that will be more than adequate to handle technical support issues. While these changes are put into place and finalized it will be necessary to open a support ticket in order for the department to adequately resolve your issues. Your constructive criticism has been reviewed and all of these issues are being addressed. JaguarPC does extend its apologies for the difficulties which you have encountered. Thank you for your input and patience.
    We did open tickets to try to get our issues "adequately resolved". It was only after I started making noise in these forums that someone paid attention to the information and replies we had posted in the tickets.

The phone calls to Level 1 will have no affect if the support ticket is at Level 3. Level 1 cannot do anything except add your comments to the ticket which you can also add using ticket system. If you are looking for Level 3 phone support, sorry we do not provide it yet.

Also we have provided ticket escalation process within the ticket system and clients can ask the technicians working on a ticket to have the ticket reviewed if its not being handled properly and provide all the feedback there.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 567 ... LastLast