Logo

• Register
  • | Login
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Gplus
  • Linkedin

Our forum Area

View Poll Results: Do you feel spammed by JagPC?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • What are you talking about? Fire away JagPC!

3 18.75%
  • I get two copies per newsletter. That's one too many

3 18.75%
  • I get more than two copies per newsletter. One is more than enough

3 18.75%
  • I'd like to opt out of the marketing stuff all together

7 43.75%
Page 1 of 8 12 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Opt out for JagPC marketing mail in the Suggestions and Feedback forum
It's been a week, so surely we all need at least two personal updates each to let us all know there's still an iPad giveaway ...

Thumbs down Opt out for JagPC marketing mail

It's been a week, so surely we all need at least two personal updates each to let us all know there's still an iPad giveaway going on. Eh.. no!

Am I the only one who thinks JagPC's email newsletters went from low frequency and somewhat informative to too frequent and generally pure uninteresting marketing? Am I the only one looking in vain for an opt out option (and getting annoyed by the pointless non-answers sales gives when you ask)?

Am I the only one receiving four copies of each? (Two copies per contact addres, due to some bug appearently.) That sure has funneled my irritation towards these. If I could have set the flow of these to one copy at an email address of my choice long ago, I would probably be a happy subscriber still, but at this point, after asking four times, I just want to be done with it.

So, would JagPC still like to disthinguish itself from spammers, or no? And what is the legal take on this in the USA? In my country offering an opt-out of marketing communications is mandatory by law.

JPC Dream Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    It's been a week, so surely we all need at least two personal updates each to let us all know there's still an iPad giveaway going on. Eh.. no!

Am I the only one who thinks JagPC's email newsletters went from low frequency and somewhat informative to too frequent and generally pure uninteresting marketing? Am I the only one looking in vain for an opt out option (and getting annoyed by the pointless non-answers sales gives when you ask)?

Am I the only one receiving four copies of each? (Two copies per contact addres, due to some bug appearently.) That sure has funneled my irritation towards these. If I could have set the flow of these to one copy at an email address of my choice long ago, I would probably be a happy subscriber still, but at this point, after asking four times, I just want to be done with it.

So, would JagPC still like to disthinguish itself from spammers, or no? And what is the legal take on this in the USA? In my country offering an opt-out of marketing communications is mandatory by law.
    In our new nixcore system, we are looking to add a feature to allow clients to opt out of certain mailings.

As per the law in the U.S. a company has the right to communicate with an individual or company they have a business relationship with for up to 18 months after they leave.
    Zachary | Chief Customer Officer
    JaguarPC.com

Helpful Links
    Knowledge Base | Network Status

Need a Manager?
    (pm) | (email) Masood, Chief Technical Officer
    (pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer

How are we doing? Tell us at qa@jaguarpc.com.

I like the notices of what is new, or upcoming events, feautures, etc. Even monthly newsletters would be nice, with tips, etc.

JPC Dream Team
    Quote Originally Posted by gohighvoltage View Post
    I like the notices of what is new, or upcoming events, feautures, etc. Even monthly newsletters would be nice, with tips, etc.
    You are in luck. Starting December we are launching a monthly newsletter.
    JaguarPC.com

Helpful Links

Need a Manager?

An opt out for certain types of mailings is a feature that JaguarPC is considering and hopes to implement as soon as possible. We do apologize that the system has sent you multiple e-mails. It isn't our intention to bombard you with information that you don't find relevant. Many of our customers have been very positive about the program, the opportunities it provides as well as the rewards it offers. Thanks for setting up the poll. It will provide valuable information which will allow us to better serve all of our clients.
    Sabrina/ Public Relations

Helpful Link
    Knowledge Base

Need a Manager?

(pm)| (email) Zachary, Sales and Services

Ron
    Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by JPC-Zachary View Post
    In our new nixcore system, we are looking to add a feature to allow clients to opt out of certain mailings.

As per the law in the U.S. a company has the right to communicate with an individual or company they have a business relationship with for up to 18 months after they leave.
    Zach, I think you ought to read the requirements of the law a little more closely. I think they include requirements for opting out of sales messages that are unrelated to "transactions."

From the government:
    CAN-SPAM Act: A Compliance Guide for Business | BCP Business Center
    Good luck

JPC Dream Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Zach, I think you ought to read the requirements of the law a little more closely. I think they include requirements for opting out of sales messages that are unrelated to "transactions."

From the government:
    CAN-SPAM Act: A Compliance Guide for Business | BCP Business Center

Q. How do I know if the CAN-SPAM Act covers email my business is sending?
    A. What matters is the “primary purpose” of the message. To determine the primary purpose, remember that an email can contain three different types of information:

Commercial content – which advertises or promotes a commercial product or service, including content on a website operated for a commercial purpose;

Transactional or relationship content – which facilitates an already agreed-upon transaction or updates a customer about an ongoing transaction; and

Other content – which is neither commercial nor transactional or relationship.
    If the message contains only commercial content, its primary purpose is commercial and it must comply with the requirements of CAM-SPAM. If it contains only transactional or relationship content, its primary purpose is transactional or relationship. In that case, it may not contain false or misleading routing information, but is otherwise exempt from most provisions of the CAN-SPAM Act.

The CAN-SPAM, Act. only covers commercial e-mails. These are not commercial e-mails, they are considered Transactional or relationship content there for the can-spam act does not apply. Either way we do apologize for the double e-mail and look to provide more flexibility in the future.
    JaguarPC.com

Helpful Links

Need a Manager?

Ron
    Loyal Client
    Omg...
    Good luck

Ron
    Loyal Client
    Zach,
    Q. How do I know if what I’m sending is a transactional or relationship message?

A. The primary purpose of an email is transactional or relationship if it consists only of content that:

facilitates or confirms a commercial transaction that the recipient already has agreed to;

gives warranty, recall, safety, or security information about a product or service;

gives information about a change in terms or features or account balance information regarding a membership, subscription, account, loan or other ongoing commercial relationship;

provides information about an employment relationship or employee benefits; or

delivers goods or services as part of a transaction that the recipient already has agreed to.
    Please tell me how the emails about the iPad meet these requirements?

You MUST offer an opt-out from the sales stuff. Personally I haven't had an issue with it yet. But you should offer an opt out EVEN IF it were not a requirement. Which it IS.

Then again, I'm not a lawyer.
    Good luck

JPC Dream Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Zach,

Please tell me how the emails about the iPad meet these requirements?

You MUST offer an opt-out from the sales stuff. Personally I haven't had an issue with it yet. But you should offer an opt out EVEN IF it were not a requirement. Which it IS.

Then again, I'm not a lawyer.
    Ron - Based off of our knowledge we feel this is a transaction / relationship e-mail. The folks who received this e-mail were current clients and we were bringing attention to away we could benefit them. We were not selling a product or service, it was informative in nature which does not require an Opt-out. As Sabrina and I both stated being able to opt-out of certain e-mails whether maintenance, billing or newsletters is coming in the future.

If any clients feel they must be removed from the newsletter, we can do it; however, they will no longer receive billing e-mails as well.
    JaguarPC.com

Helpful Links

Need a Manager?

Ron
    Loyal Client
    You didn't answer my question directly.

"Please tell me how the emails about the iPad meet these requirements?"

They are 5 specific situations, one of which must be met.

Answer it or not, I'm out of this conversation.
    Good luck

I find it highly unlikely that any third party will consider todays bulk mail non-commerical in nature. Regardless of what side of the line law enforcement would put it on, I find it quite dissapointing that JagPC wants to walk so close to said line.

I hope the poll helps to get the priorities straight. Note this poll is specifically for clients, i.e. people who are currently receiving these news mails. Is that clear enough, or should it be a public poll (i.e. who vote's what is visible)?

Quote Originally Posted by JPC-Zachary View Post
    If any clients feel they must be removed from the newsletter, we can do it; however, they will no longer receive billing e-mails as well.
    I short: you can't do it .
    (Unless of course you mean to say that such clients need no longer pay you, billing information is obviously an essential that you can't just stop sending.)

I am sorry but aurging over the law (which Ron is 100% correct on, ask your lawyers if you do not believe me, and if your lawyers tell you different GET NEW ONES) is kinda stupid

The fact that is annoying customers enough they will post here on the forums should tell you something should be done ASAP, I get a minimum of 3 copies of these emails every time they are sent. You know how many I read??? ZERO.....

Attached is a SC of my Inbox for the Ipad Email

jpc.jpg
    Last edited by the_ancient; 11-08-2011 at 02:35 PM.
    -------------------------
    the_ancient
    MP Technology Group

JPC Dream Team
    Quote Originally Posted by the_ancient View Post
    I am sorry but aurging over the law (which Ron is 100% correct on, ask your lawyers if you do not believe me, and if your lawyers tell you different GET NEW ONES) is kinda stupid

The fact that is annoying customers enough they will post here on the forums should tell you something should be done ASAP, I get a minimum of 4 copies of these emails every time they are sent. You know how many I read??? ZERO.....
    Thank you for your opinion, it is greatly appreciated and it will be considered moving forward. JaguarPC services over 250,000 accounts and our decisions are based on the feedback received by the majority. As you are well aware of, this forum is a minority of all customers and as this poll shows, 66% of respondents would like us to keep sending them as it is now or with slight modification.
    JaguarPC.com

Helpful Links

Need a Manager?

Meanwhile, as we have established there is no opt out currently, could you please update your privacy policy to reflect this, until such time the opt out does in fact exist?
    From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will post the policy changes to our Web site to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses.
    My data has in recent times been used for the unanticipated new use of sending me marketing mail. I have requested and been denied opt out multiple times, even out of duplicate copies. I can easily provide ticket numbers of at least two such attempts if you so desire.

Page 1 of 8 12 ... LastLast