• | Login
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Gplus
  • Linkedin

Our forum Area

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Email here too.. in the You've got Mail forum
Is NS7 down again? All my sites are down. eag.com trinitynh.org advantagecc.com ...

RG
    Loyal Client

NS7 down again?

Is NS7 down again? All my sites are down.

eag.com
    trinitynh.org
    advantagecc.com

Loyal Client
    Ditto.

Loyal Client

Same here

My customers are beginning to cancel thrie accounts
    Whats the problem?

I have made a post about this in the "News & Updates" forum. Please refer to that post: http://www.jaguarpc.net/support/foru...=&threadid=201 for information about what is going on and what we're doing about it. Thank you.

Loyal Client
    It's been 2 hours ... is there an ETA for when NS7 will be up again?

DIS
    Loyal Client

DOWN TIME 99% Guarantee

See my post in the open discussion entitled "Recent Outages" Views in an irate rant

Don't wanna post twice and cause the server to panic or some other "uncontrollabe issue"

Switching issue really I think I have heard that before!

Originally posted by msmiller
    It's been 2 hours ... is there an ETA for when NS7 will be up again?
    I will make an update post on the News & updates forum in response to my intial post about this. Please refer to that, thank you.

Re: DOWN TIME 99% Guarantee

Originally posted by DIS
    See my post in the open discussion entitled "Recent Outages" Views in an irate rant
    Victor, I can relate to that. You should see my responses and posts to the data center about this situation. I will update the situation in the News & Updates forum in response to my thread about this.

Don't wanna post twice and cause the server to panic or some other "uncontrollabe issue"
    Well, I think it's safe to say that the comment was maybe posted a little bit out of haste, you're angry, as am I about this, so I can understand. However, I'm sure the system can surely hable two posts -- but it would be preferable to not cross-post anyway, if you'd be so kind. Thanks.

Switching issue really I think I have heard that before!
    I'm not exactly sure what that means, unless you're talking about us saying we'll change to another data center to better serve our clients. Indeed, the last data center, VDI, did have massive and ongoing problems -- which was confirmed by every single hosting provider that used their NOC (Network Operating Center), if you'd like to confirm that's not an excuse. Now, this NOC that has served us well for a while, is having very noticeable and damaging low levels of service, and we are likely going to move, since it might not improve to what it was. Sorry if that appears like a bad excuse to you, we're trying to ensure everyone has a positive and good hosting experience. Please refer to the post/update I will post in a moment in regards to this issue. Thank you.

Loyal Client
    I won't go off on a rant here ... oh that's Dennis Miller ... anyway, I will say I've been very happy with Jaguar up till this weekend. Two days in a row with multi-hour outages is hard to take. I just finished moving 3 domains onto Jaguar 2 weeks ago, so now I look like an idiot to the people I'm taking care of. At least its only one server down, so it's probably an isolated problem.

However, I'd like to suggest the following:

- Provide a "System Status" page for registered users so that we can tell when a system is down, when a problem is suspected, when maintenance is scheduled, and so on. This also lets users know that Jaguar knows of problems. Pac*Bell has something like this for their Internet services so you can quickly determine which services (email, login, DSL, dial-up, news, etc.) may be down for some portion of their grid.

- More robust load average checking. I think all the support tickets I've generated have been due to load averages going bonkers and the system slowing to a crawl. As a 20-year Unix developer, I *always* keep perfmon (or whatever) running on my systems at all times - even my dinky little Linux box at home. I would suggest that Jaguar's op's people either keep a closer eye on the load averages until these rogue process problems are settled, or write some alarm scripts to warn them when the trend indicates a problem.

- No less than hourly status updates when systems go down - preferably half-hour updates. Right now I'm sure a bunch of us are dreading the phone ringing from people whose sites we manage. What do we say? "The servers down, no idea when it'll be back up, duhhhhhhh." Stuff happens, but remember that many Jaguar clients are also providers - at least keep us informed of what's happening so we can tell our clients when they can expect service to be resumed.

NS7 is back up. I will post more about this in a moment about the delay in the News & Updates forum about what happened. I will also respond to this above post afte that. Thank you.

Loyal Client
    OK ... uh ... the system doesn't seem to recognize email passwords for some reason now. I went in through CP and double-checked and it still gets rejected - even via web mail.

RG
    Loyal Client
    I agree, So what if I can browse my sight. I can't get email for ANY of the domains.

I don't consider that UP!

Loyal Client

Email here too..

I am having the same email troubles here. Whooopps this should have been in the thread sorry. Server is not recognizing my passwords either, tried in CP had same problems.

-Gina
    Last edited by Gina; 10-22-2001 at 06:13 PM.

The server is back up, and I'll look into these other problems -- thank you for mentioning them. People wanted an update as soon as it was up, I didn't mean to insult anyone by saying it's up when everything isn't up. I am still checking every service at this moment to ensure it's all fixed.

I'm sorry for not being able to respond to all the support emails and posts recently and earlier, but this issue posed a large problem and I was not able to do anything but deal with it to try and get it back up ASAP and there was no way I could give even a remotely close ETA, as I was not even sure what was going on at the data center and they took so long to do anything. You can see the reasons and what we're doing about it, in my post that I provided information about it located in the News & Updates forum in the jaguar support boards at: http://www.jaguarpc.net/support/foru...878#pos t1158

Please let me know if you have any further questions or problems. We are very sorry for the hassle this caused, we completely understand how this affects you. Thank you.

Loyal Client
    I understand, Tim. My prior suggestions were more towards the "How do we handle these crises better?" discussion which I'm sure will happen tomorrow morning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast