• | Login
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Gplus
  • Linkedin

Our forum Area

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Imap idle in the You've got Mail forum
Originally Posted by Ron I have no clue what you mean. [...] It was an allegory, Ronnie -- same as Kraken. You realise I was ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I have no clue what you mean. [...]
    It was an allegory, Ronnie -- same as Kraken.

You realise I was kicked off of Kraken, yes? And, it was "released".

Les made a brilliant double-entendre, and shut you up in the process.

You probably envisioned yourself as Zeus, reincarnate. Bwahahaha!

Really, dog man... stick to the 'kiddie pool'!
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

Quote Originally Posted by JPC-Les View Post
    Releasing the Kraken.
    BTW, Les...

Only Poseidon can release the Kraken -- not Perseus!
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

Ron
    Loyal Client
    I fail to see the allegory in advising that I not swim in the ocean because I am running low on patience. Vinny, when your brilliance is so obtuse that only you can understand it, it's just madness.

Anywhooo Les released the Kraken which apparently scared a senior tech support person into following up and resolving the issue for me without me having to re-open the ticket.

Thanks for Kraken the whip, Les.
    Good luck

Okay, fine, let's be succinct...

What's your forking problem, and how did they fix it?

It's been a bit since I checked in on this thread. Glad to see it's still active, though I'll admit to being lost on some of the inside jokes.

I will say that I've grown more and more frustrated with support over the last year or so and I've received the "we need your credentials" and "it works fine now" responses more than once of late.

While I'm a small-time customer (both in traffic and revenue for Jag), I'm also a long time customer who has raved about Jag in the past. I've done some reasearch into other hosts purely because of these recent tech support responses and am weighing the significant work to transfer everything and fear of the unknown with a new host against this frustration.

Les, it's good to see you actually monitoring the boards and helping Ron, it reaffirms my long-standing faith that JPC cares about customers, even if frontline support isn't what it once was.

Banned
    *clap clap clap* deep in the Heart of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by baldtechnologist View Post
    It's been a bit since I checked in on this thread. Glad to see it's still active, though I'll admit to being lost on some of the inside jokes.

I will say that I've grown more and more frustrated with support over the last year or so and I've received the "we need your credentials" and "it works fine now" responses more than once of late.

While I'm a small-time customer (both in traffic and revenue for Jag), I'm also a long time customer who has raved about Jag in the past. I've done some reasearch into other hosts purely because of these recent tech support responses and am weighing the significant work to transfer everything and fear of the unknown with a new host against this frustration.

Les, it's good to see you actually monitoring the boards and helping Ron, it reaffirms my long-standing faith that JPC cares about customers, even if frontline support isn't what it once was.
    Our small clients make up the biggest part of our business, so yes each and every client is important to us, as is your input.

We are aware that we need to do some things in support, and it is already in the works. Training will begin shortly, for all staff members, on how to work with clients, and providing clients, with more information, on what the issue was, and what was done to correct it. So keep the input and ideas coming, we do listen.

Thanks Jim, that gives me the confidence to renew with JPC in a week when my annual invoice hits in a week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12