Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Plans to update to new cpanel/fantastico? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I was interested in purchasing the new "gig" plan, but am not impressed with the cpanel/installer script you currently have. Being pretty much a n00b ...

Loyal Client

Plans to update to new cpanel/fantastico?

I was interested in purchasing the new "gig" plan, but am not impressed with the cpanel/installer script you currently have. Being pretty much a n00b with the webby thing, i find it to be necessary to have all the "bells and whistle" of the newest versions.

Are there any plans to upgrade to the newest versions of cpanel/fantastico deluxe in the near future?

Thx!

Nate
    Nate

no, sorry we have no plans to continue supporting fantastico . Most of what it does can be easily replicated. Not to mention most of the new addons are not typical things people need, like 4 different ticket systems, etc. We dont use cpanel exclusively, we rely on our own client section and so we do not support the fantastico version of add on domains.
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

Just to add to it, that we do have the latest installer that comes with cpanel with following web applications:

- PHP Nuke 6
    - osCommerce 2.2
    - Invision Board 1.1.2
    - PhpWiki 1.37

These are one of the most requested scripts. Plus we can also install the latest and stable release of any free mysql/php application for a small fee (usually $15~$25 per setup) depending on the time requirement.

I would also like to add here that one of the biggest issue with the fantastico or any other installer is that clients do install it with a click of a button, but do not update the software regularly. For example, phpbb keeps on issueing bug fixes. Those bugs can be used to deface or hijack your website in no time. Some other scripts have vulnerabilities that can be used to upload backdoors and shells.

So it is always best practice to install the scripts yourself and keep yourself updated with bug fixes and patches by joining their announcement list/newsletter.

If you need any help during installation or configuration of the software, the hosting community here can help you with the steps in INSTALL file. Those are usually as easy as setting up your email account in Outlook
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]Masood N. [/COLOR] | [COLOR="Red"]Chief Technical Officer[/COLOR][SIZE="3"] JaguarPC.com[/SIZE]