Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Has anyone used cpanel's wiki?? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I had hoped it would be as simple as the cpanel addon script function made it look. I installed phpWiki at the top-level directory, then ...

Loyal Client

Has anyone used cpanel's wiki??

I had hoped it would be as simple as the cpanel addon script function made it look. I installed phpWiki at the top-level directory, then click the button to take me to the directory and get this message:

lib/WikiDB/backend/PearDB.php:32: Fatal[256]: Can't connect to database: wikidb_backend_mysql: fatal database error
    DB Error: connect failed
    ( [nativecode=Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES)] ** mysql://gluesenk_phpwiki1:[email protected]/gluesenk_phpwiki1)

Do you have any idea where I went wrong? Can you think of a help page or manual or something!

Thanks in advance,

-dan

Loyal Client
    I got the same error.
    after investigating I found that it's trying to login as the wrong user.

( [nativecode=Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES)] ** mysql://gluesenk_phpwiki1:[email protected]/gluesenk_phpwiki1)
    If you look at your sql users you will find that theres no user named gluesenk_phpwiki1

however after i put the right username i got other errors that I couldn't figure out.
    so I quit trying and will work on installing one manually.

Loyal Client
    Hi

Just writing in to update this old thread.

It turns out the installation was bad; I opened a support ticket and they fixed it on that end. No problem (though I still get weird text sometimes -- nothing's perfect).

Have a good one.