Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on No Topic from which to go astray in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Soooo, this explains it! http://www.lanceandeskimo.com/paul/neck.shtml ...

Ron

No Topic from which to go astray

Ron
    Really nice pictures here: (More than 1 MB)
    http://www.biwako.ne.jp/~hidekazu/my...s/quadrics.htm

I see virtually every equation that we discussed in the last picture on the page. Standing planes.... intersection of U and P, disappearing P, increasing mass of U and of B**2 (ok, we didn't talk about that, but I can sure see it)

Math is beautiful when you know how to look at it.

Loyal Client
    A truely open discussion. And to think we owe it all to the one who went from one to two. As a father I bet it started when some parent was trying to divide things equally between siblings.

|| $name ne 'R.Stiltskin'
    Originally posted by Ron
    Really nice pictures here:... Math is beautiful when you know how to look at it.
    I agree and thanks for the link. The only problem is that the numbers are in Japanese and I need a translator. Can I just rotate my keyboard?

A geezer, with 1 foot in. Oldfrog's Avatar
    This has been one of my favorite places to hang out for a couple of years now: http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/
    Gravity, more than a good idea, it's the law!

Originally posted by Oldfrog
    This has been one of my favorite places to hang out for a couple of years now: http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/
    Some cool stuff and lots of material.

If you're interested in more 3d-modelling, check out molecular modelling with data files from the Brookhaven Database, aka *.pdb formatted files. If you do a search for molecular modelling software from the NIH (National Institutes of Health), you see a nice list of software and data sources. After installing your viewer/editor of preference, load up a file and view or edit biomolecules in 3D.

Some of the software is distributed as browser plug-ins so you can view online files via your browser.

Since Ron set this up as an open-ended set I guess it is appropriate to put this here.

Several years ago divers off the coast of Indonesia discovered a bronze urn shaped much like the amphoras from the Mediterranean. After cleaning, the urn was discovered to have an inscription on it. The alphabet used appeared similar to ancient Etruscan and appeared to read, "ITI SAPIS POTANDA BIGONE" Any of you really bright guys with the language backgrounds make any sense out of that?

Loyal Client
    At least the divers found one. It is more than some people have.

Originally posted by Df_Gamer
    At least the divers found one. It is more than some people have.
    Don't you mean "ITI SMORET HANSOM EPEO PLEHA VE"? My ancient Mediterranean Etruscan is a little rusty... If this needs a little cleaning up too, like the urn, let me know.

Oldfrog - good one.

Loyal Client
    Originally posted by Oldfrog
    Since Ron set this up as an open-ended set I guess it is appropriate to put this here.

... "ITI SAPIS POTANDA BIGONE" Any of you really bright guys with the language backgrounds make any sense out of that?
    ITISAPISPOTANDABIGONE
    IT/IS/A/PIS(S)POT/AND/A/BIG/ONE

... kind of like Toti e hors esto
    Last edited by sillyalien; 06-05-2004 at 11:35 AM.

Loyal Client
    There's even a Three Stooges short with a wonderful sign in front of a harem (rebuilt from an addled memory):

Noc Amera Sal Lowed:
    Pu Nishi Bleb Yde Ath

Originally posted by sillyalien

ITISAPISPOTANDABIGONE
    IT/IS/A/PIS(S)POT/AND/A/BIG/ONE

... kind of like Toti e hors esto
    I think it is appropriate. Don't understand any of it but others will.

By the way Ron I appreciate your starting this thread. Hopefully people will link to it from another thread when post start getting way of subject.

I think it's after 5 anywhere in the world right now.