Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is a discussion on coppermine photogallery in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
SO I was perusing some of the old threads and came across this one in the CGI forum Old thread And noticed that coppermine was ...

Loyal Client

coppermine photogallery

SO I was perusing some of the old threads and came across this one in the CGI forum

Old thread

And noticed that coppermine was being given some good reviews , so I downloaded it to both puters , one running Linux and the other running XP pro.

So far the sticking point seems to be ImageMagick, for some reason when I uprmi'ed the software , it shows up in the /usr/libs , but there does not seem to be an executable for it, either a bin file or a sh ./foo.

Anyone know if this is a backend for a proggie ,rather than a GUI ?

On the windows version , did anyone have a problem with the path ? , the index.php does not want to accept what I enter , however that may have had to do with permissions , Windows , who knew, lol.

Ah well, toil and trouble

Tux

I'm just on a break, so I don't have much time... Are you talking about 'mogify?'
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

Loyal Client
    Originally posted by Vin DSL
    I'm just on a break, so I don't have much time... Are you talking about 'mogify?'
    mogify ?

No , just want to get the program running but , this has to be something to do with mandrake ,but running both grep and slocate , I cannot find a binary for the convert.exe that coppermine requires , on the first step of the admin process.

On the windows side , it won't accept the path that I gave it for some reason, so till I get that sorted out , I am at a standstill with it.

I was hoping someone would point something out thats glaringly obvious that I missed, its always the simple stuff that screws me up for some reason.

Tuxxer

Loyal Client
    Grrrrr

Damm , remember when I said something about glaringly simple and obvious

ImageMagick is an option , not a prerequisite

left it empty , hit enter and lo and behold the site is configured to admin

Grrrrrr

Tuxxer

Loyal Client

OKay , its up and running

Okay for anyone thats interested , the coppermine gallery is now up and running

coppermine

Just click on gallery and see the fruity theme of the software. It truly beats that other software that I was using , just purely on looks.

Now , to see if I can get that blog software running

Tuxxer

Re: OKay , its up and running

Originally posted by tuxxer
    Okay for anyone thats interested , the coppermine gallery is now up and running

coppermine
    Cool! Here's mine...

coppermine

Coppermine rules!
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

Loyal Client

Re: Re: OKay , its up and running

Cool! Here's mine...

coppermine

Coppermine rules!
    Very nice

I even got a blog up and running , that I was not expecting

sphpbog something or other , no db , just set permissions and go

Ah life is looking up

Tux

Re: Re: Re: OKay , its up and running

Ah life is looking up

Tux
    It's all good!

|| $name ne 'R.Stiltskin'

Okay for anyone thats interested , the coppermine gallery is now up and running... Now, to see if I can get that blog software running
    Visited the coppermine and browsed to the inaugural Manticore weblog post:

"...Americans might be bastards..."?

Now that's not very nice, after all, we're neighbors. Well, if that's how it's going to be - get your slanderous rhetoric off our high-and-mighty server.

Loyal Client

Originally posted by Spathiphyllum
    Visited the coppermine and browsed to the inaugural Manticore weblog post:

Now that's not very nice, after all, we're neighbors. Well, if that's how it's going to be - get your slanderous rhetoric off our high-and-mighty server.
    Sorry bout that , but it had to do with a member of parliament in a sitting govt slandering your country , tonight if there is justice , she is friggen history.

Most Americans I have met are nice people , but I am not naive to think that all americans are nice

Tux

Originally posted by Spathiphyllum

Now that's not very nice, after all, we're neighbors.
    Technically speaking, he is right!

I've got a buddy from Kenya - Lanre Gamu - went to a government school - speaks King's English, blah, blah, blah.

When I first met him, I asked the obligatory question, "So, whatta ya think of America?" His answer surprised me. He said he was having a hard time getting used to all the bastards.

He told me, in his country, being a bastard was the worst thing there was. Nobody would talk to you. You couldn't go to school. You couldn't get a job - nothing! You were destined to a life of poverty, living on the streets, eating out of garbage cans, et cetera. He moved to America (Chicago originally) and everywhere he looked, there were little bastards running around, and nobody thought anything of it. This just blew his mind!

I'll have to admit, it bothers me too, but there isn't much you can do about it...

Loyal Client

Re: Re: Re: OKay , its up and running

I've got a buddy from Kenya - Lanre Gamu - went to a government school - speaks King's English, blah, blah, blah.

When I first met him, I asked the obligatory question, "So, whatta ya think of America?" His answer surprised me. He said he was having a hard time getting used to all the bastards.

He moved to America (Chicago originally) and everywhere he looked, there were little bastards running around, and nobody thought anything of it. This just blew his mind!

I'll have to admit, it bothers me too, but there isn't much you can do about it...
    That may have had more to with someone coming from a small town atmosphere and moving to chi-town, NYC, or LA. I used to meet people like that all the time in Toronto, they just could not get used to how people are different in the big city.

Add in cultural differences and viola

Declan

Weblog diversion

Oh no! Not more population dynamics... egads! Anyone have comparative numbers, ratios, etc. of the number in the US vs Canada?

Re: Re: Re: Re: OKay , its up and running

Add in cultural differences and viola...
    LoL! Yeah, that's true...

He tells a story about going to school. He thinks it's funny as hell!

He said his village didn't have a school, so they sent him to a school in a big city. It was so far away, he had to live there during the school year.

He said one day he had taken a bus ride and got back to the school late, as the sun was going down. He told me they didn't wear shoes. So, he was walking from the road to the building, in the dark, and he stepped on a snake. He said it scared him so bad, he ran the rest of the way back to his room.

This story is always followed by an uproar of laughter from himself. He thinks that is funny. Guess you had to be there...

Sorry bout that...
    Revisited the weblog, tux. Saw an added apology there too. Darn nice of you to add the extra commentary. I guess we'll let you stay awhile. Actually, it might be a little bit more fun if you took the Quebecer (sp?) role and stuck with the "screw the American's" mantra. We love colorful yet tempered language. Might even get a limerick. (Please, no rolling eyes in the peanut gallery.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast