Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Support login failure in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I was logged into the support website, browsing some closed tickets, when it suddenly dumped me back at the login screen. Then, the login refused ...

Loyal Client

Support login failure

I was logged into the support website, browsing some closed tickets, when it suddenly dumped me back at the login screen. Then, the login refused my name/password.

Still down after 15 minutes, but the forums are working fine...

Any thoughts?

|| $name ne 'R.Stiltskin'
    lokki,

I tried to duplicate what you did in a client session and everything seemed fine. If the site was undergoing an update, then maybe the update is completed now. If you are still having problems, I guess my only question would be about cookies. Did you change browsers or versions since your last visit to the client's section? Did any cookie settings change? Have you tried clearing cookies for the Jaguar domain? Have you disabled automated form fill-in?

The reason I'm asking is that maybe a cookie was modified, lost, corrupted, mutilated, eaten, etc. and now bad data is getting submitted during your login. After a set number of failures, your account might get disabled for a brief period as a security feature on Jag's end.

Really don't know, just scattershooting. I'd say submit a ticket but that advice wouldn't be too helpful at this point. PM me if you would like for me to submit a ticket on your behalf.

Loyal Client
    it all worked this morning - just wierdness, I supposed. But wierdness that makes one very nervous!

Just to clarify, I was in the midst of moving around within my JPC account (logged in, obviously), when going from the 'View Closed Tickets' screen. I had done that a few times before it dumped me. I couldn't find anything in the cookies (basic timing stuff), didn't change browsers, install plugins, nuttin... just poof!

Anyway, these things seem to happen to me more and more with Jag. I'm certain it's just that I'm more on top of my accounts since I resell. But I notice my email lags, settings get messed up, or various other glitches cropping up at least once per month. It always gets resolved, but the changing settings thing is what really scares me... I've got a few tickets that note failures in service without my having changed anything, and the response is along the lines of a switch in some config.php, or a mod to another script that I didn't initiate. Hell, I just discovered that I have an invision board installed on one of my test beds, and I have no recollection of it. Nothing suspicious in the logs (I was logged into CP that night), but I generally keep notes of installs and server changes in case I screw up.

The glaring possibility is that I'm losing my mind. Maybe it's all this GRE studying...

Oh, yeah... Thanks for the offer to help, Spath. I think that embodies the real reason I like JPC so much.

lokki, Have you been able to get back in? I got dumped today when I hit the submit button after replying to an open ticket. I was able to log back in but had to redo the reply.

Loyal Client
    Connie,

yep - all good from my side. I'm not really sure what happened...