Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on phpMyAdmin 2.6.0-rc3 is released in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
All I can say is, "WoW!" For anyone running their own install of phpMyAdmin, this is a MAJOR update! Highly recommended! http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/ ...

Thumbs up phpMyAdmin 2.6.0-rc3 is released

All I can say is, "WoW!"

For anyone running their own install of phpMyAdmin, this is a MAJOR update! Highly recommended!

http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

They say a picture is worth 1,000 words...

DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

Loyal Client
    man, that sailboat is what did it for me. I'm going to install my own just to get that graphic!

I guess the other stuff's nice, too...

This new version rocks! Really!

I was playing around with it today. They've 'skinned' phpMyAdmin now, so you can create themes for it. I could actually make it match the rest of my site, if I wanted.

I know that sounds silly, but webmasters want their forums to match the rest of their site, and so forth, so why not phpMyAdmin? I've always hated that 'institutional green' color they use...

And, how about all those cPanel installs? JagPC could make phpMyAdmin look like the rest of their cPanel interface now!

Besides the (ahem) sailboat, they cleaned up a lot of other code too. Too much to list here...

I guess I'm getting to be a phpMyAdmin lover. It just keeps getting better 'n' better all the time!

Loyal Client
    I know - just being sardonic.

I'm familiar with the common theme thing... I do that for my client's SquirrelMail installs (to match their overall site), and working on a CPanel theme/skin this week. So I agree that it's a very good thing, if even for that!

I'm gonna head over and check out the features. Since my foray into PHP/MySQL is still in it's infancy, I may not get the impact of the cool stuff, but it's good to know, anyway.

Oh... and clear out your PM box - I've got something you might be interested in.

LoL! Here 'we' go again...

phpMyAdmin 2.6.0 is released lem9 - 2004-09-27 11:09

The water's fine! Come on in...