Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on New Theme in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Thought I was lost when the new forum loaded. Unexpected but nice. I like it. ...

v1.3 upgrade

New Theme

Thought I was lost when the new forum loaded. Unexpected but nice. I like it.

And thus the reason why I didnt cater to most immediate request when it came to the forum after updating to vb3. Now, let the requests flow.
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

Have to be honest. I was really shocked when you made the inital change. There were a lot of bugs in it which you got worked out.

I think it's OK. Not any worse than the last. Maybe better. It will take a little time to get used to it. I do like the fact that you have taken the double navation out of the top.

Will reserve any other comments untill I have used the new theme a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jag
    And thus the reason why I didnt cater to most immediate request when it came to the forum after updating to vb3. Now, let the requests flow.
    I have two requests:
    1. A 'New Posts' button, and...
    2. A 'Today's Posts' button.
    I would like to be have both buttons available when I'm logged in.
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

|| $name ne 'R.Stiltskin'
    Maybe familiarity breeds contempt but I like this theme much more. After kicking the tires a bit, we may find a need to note some tweaks, but so far... I've always liked metallic finishes anyway.

A quick follow up. I like your new header. I love blue. It might be a shade lighter but I think the overall design is great.

Is there anyway an indivdual user can remove the quick reply option? I don't like it. I never use it and navagate the forum using the dorp down box below the quick reply box.

I'm not suggesting you remove the quick reply option becuase I'm sure a lot of people use it. I would like to eleminate the extra scrolling if possible to get to the drop down navagation.

I do have one complaint or suggestion, but it has been voiced so many times I'm not going to say anything more. I have given up hope on that.

Just another thought after using the board for a few minuets. Go to the last post is not very clear at least to me.

Histerical, absolute
    Quite the shocker of a change, however I like it, the header is more compact then the last, and I like the colours, it all works.
    Perhaps a little over simplified however I will get used to that.
    All in all nice, The only thing I think I can complain of on just one look (well recommend) is that the buttons under the users avatar be changed slightly to match more, as it is, its looking a little outta place, but, thats kewl.
    All opinions are the result of being uninformed, unintelligent and uninterested!

Wow this takes some getting used to. Like Vin I'd really like to see the "New Posts" button return. That's how I always check new messages. Any other way takes too long.

Very nice, very nice! I like it.
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    My Site: StarCraft Sector | My vB Forums: Forum Sector
    E-Mail: [email protected] | AIM: CeleronXL | ICQ: 118648739 | MSNM: [email protected] | YIM: celeronxl

Just another thought. Why not move the JaguarPC Staff only to the bottom of the forum page? That would help a little in regard to scrolling.

Cant get this new post hack to work, hmm. Did exactly as the hack describes but it doesnt represent any numbers.
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

The 'time', at the bottom of the page, is white - should be black, I believe...
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

If I may, it's down right sexy! However, go to last post in the view topic area is hard to find; I ended up at Vin's profile.
    Last edited by hobbes747; 09-27-2004 at 10:23 PM.

Loyal Client
    i love the design. but like others said theres little tweaks here and there that need to be made.

but yea, ilove it
    the stars fell on me last night

i want to move to cali.. lol dammit

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast