Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Jaguar for busy site/forums? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
The online gaming club of which I'm a member needs to move it's hosting. As a guide to what we need, currently we use 1376.90 ...

Loyal Client

Jaguar for busy site/forums?

The online gaming club of which I'm a member needs to move it's hosting.

As a guide to what we need, currently we use 1376.90 Mb of disk space and this month so far we've used 8476.42 Mb of bandwidth. We also have 89 pop3 accounts, 16 subdomains (each with an ftp account), 7 mysql DBs, and 258 email forwarders.

Has anyone else got experience of Jaguar at this level of usage? The forums are by far the most active part of the site.

Looking at the specs of the GigaDeal and the Semi dedicated we might almost fit onto the smaller one but for the disk space used and we could possibly cut down on that. However if the semi dedicated would be much better we could stretch to that.

The site is www.airattack.co.uk in case anyone wants to look and my spologies if this should be in sales questions and not here.

Hugh

You would be able to go with the GigaDeal and simply purchase a few hundred extra MB of disk space as you already know I'm sure. You will notice that even our fully shared machines have above par performance, but the semi-dedicated servers will be even a step above our fully shared servers both in features and performance. You can always start out on the GigaDeal and see how that works out for you and then upgrade should you find it necessary.

Hopefully, another client will come along and share his experience with you.
    Eric E. [[email protected]]
    Jaguar Technologies, LLC
    JaguarPC.com * DedicatedSpace.com

I can say that JaguarPC usually configures their servers to limit you only to 50 concurrent mysql connections. That means you can't have more than 50 visitors viewing your forums at the very same second. I had to move to a dedicated because of this.... If you don't have that amount of concurrent visitors, jagaur is pefect for you
    Julian D. Muñoz - LANeros.com

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Muñoz
    I can say that JaguarPC usually configures their servers to limit you only to 50 concurrent mysql connections. That means you can't have more than 50 visitors viewing your forums at the very same second...
    Um...

I had 251 ppl on my site, a few days ago, and EVERYTHING requires MySQL.

Your figures didn't sound correct, Julian, so I checked, and this is what the MySQL server setting says on Neutron...

Maybe I'm lucky, no?!?!?!?
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL © 2010

Make that 273...

DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL © 2010

Hi Vin.

Well, masood configured Justice to 50 max connections per user. I usually have vbulletin display 200 - 300 users online, but that's on a 15 minutes timeframe. The 50 max connection limit is the real number of online users that can browse your site at the very same time.

You can be sure that if the server you're on is suffering because of mysql, they will limit you.
    Julian D. Muñoz - LANeros.com