Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Cpanel and Coppermine problems in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
After the Cpanel update I noticed a problem where the view failed to update after I performed different operations like deleting folders, uploading etc. Everything ...

v1.3 upgrade

Cpanel and Coppermine problems

After the Cpanel update I noticed a problem where the view failed to update after I performed different operations like deleting folders, uploading etc. Everything works well with FTP but I can't change the permission levels etc.

Work kept me from working on several sites but I now have some time and nothing is working as it should via Cpanel.

I tried intalling Coppermine (in an upper level directory) but can't upload and keep getting error messages.

I tried IM and both versions of GD and nothing. The folder permissions are set to 755.

EXAMPLE:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_ae974ade.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/jcc/public_html/copper/upload.php on line 1197

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpTL4B3d' to './albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_ae974ade.jpg' in /home/jcc/public_html/copper/upload.php on line 1197

Notice: Undefined variable: escrow_array in /home/jcc/public_html/copper/upload.php on line 1939

Notice: Undefined variable: URI_failure_array in /home/jcc/public_html/copper/upload.php on line 1941

Notice: Undefined variable: zip_failure_array in /home/jcc/public_html/copper/upload.php on line 1942

All the other scripts I installed off Cpanel worked perfectly and were easy to customize. This is one is getting on my nerves.

Any helpful suggestions? (I hate daylight savings time....feel so damn tired.)

What does line 1197 of upload.php look liek? That seems to be the root of the problems.

--Jason
    Jason Pitoniak
    Interbrite Communications
    www.interbrite.com www.kodiakskorner.com

You need to set the permisiions for the album folders to 777. At least, that's what I use. If you cannot change them, it's probably because 'nobody' is the owner.
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

v1.3 upgrade
    I think the problem may have been with Cpanel. When I changed the permissions to 777 they were effected (was not happening before) and I was able to upload.

I then changed the folders back to 755 and everything still works. Go figure.

I didn't do anything different since I attempted to set up the gallery earlier today so I am guessing the Cpanel changes I was attempting were not being processed.

Spoke too soon. It was permissions...thanks Vin.

I went back and it showed permissions at 777. Had to change them again before they registered as 755 and things stopped working again.

I changed them back to 777 and all is working.

But the only way I can see a second change to a file is by clearing my browser cache....?
    Last edited by Jaded; 04-14-2005 at 12:26 AM.