Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is a discussion on Please help fast in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
okay I just registed in Jaguar and when I am waiting for my site to activate look wut happens some guy takes it!! NOOOOOOOOO what ...

Loyal Client

Please help fast

okay I just registed in Jaguar and when I am waiting for my site to activate look wut happens some guy takes it!! NOOOOOOOOO what do I do?

THANKS

P.S the site is www.halostrike.com SOME GUY TOOK IT

Loyal Client
    how do i cancel my original ones? i wanna start over.

once again THX

Loyal Client
    any one wanna help!??!?!??!

If I understand your problem, your going to need to register a new domain name and then let support know what the new name is. It's best to register a name as soon as you find it. If you wait a day or two to make up your mind you will often find the name taken.

Loyal Client
    thx but how do i cancel the old one? if i make one rite now will the original one i made cancel?

Not sure I'm following your. If you don't own the domain name you can't set the DNS up to point to it. That would have to be done at the registrar where the name is purchased the name.

Support will have to make some changes when you provide them with a new name.

Maybe I'm just not understanding but it sounds to me like you set up an account at Jag then went to purchase the domain and found somebody beat you to it.

Whatever the situation you will have to open a support ticket. Support only occasionally reads in the forums and they ask you to open a ticket when they do about any problems.

Loyal Client
    Another question..

you know when i register to own a domin it says Processing rite? do i have to wait?

What you are buying from JPC is hosting, not the domain name. When you sign up it asks you if you want to register a new domain name or not. If you say yes then you are given a link to JPC's registration site, AletiaNIC, but a lot of people seem to miss this.

When you find a register a new domain name you can continue to use the hosting account you've already set up. When you did you should have received a email with instructions for accessing the client area to receive support. Just open a support ticket as per the instructions in that message informing support of your new domain name and they'll change your account over. You don't need to cancel and reorder.

--Jason
    Jason Pitoniak
    Interbrite Communications
    www.interbrite.com www.kodiakskorner.com

Loyal Client
    hello

Hello Happykillmore,

What assistance are you needing? Are you wanting to purchase hosting for halostrike.com?

Have you been to our mainpage to order a hosting package? Please advise.
    Brandon Lawler
    Jaguar Technologies LLC

Loyal Client
    A Whois report shows halostrike.com was created March 13, 2 months ago.

Loyal Client
    oh yeah I just figured out, thx for all who tried and had helped me.. 2 questions though,,
    does any one know the address for payments?

what is a good program to make logos and such?

JPC's mailing address is

Jaguar Technologies LLC
    Suite # 216
    4201 SW Freeway
    Houston, TX 77027

I don't send payments by mail, so I don't know if this is where they should be sent, but I assume it is.

As for logo creation software, it all depends on what you want to spend and how much design experience you have.

Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator are the two most common programs used by professional designers, but both come with very heafty price tags and steep learning curves.

Paint Shop Pro is another good program. It doesn't do everything that Photoshop can, but it is enough for most people and costs considerably less. The learning curve is still kind of steep, though. Gnu Gimp is another similar program that is open source, so it is free.

In the past I've seen a few programs that let you build logos and whatnot from common shape libraries, but I don't know where to find any of these and I've never used any of them.

Microsoft Visio also lets you assemble buisness diagrams from common objects. It isn't really designed for logos, but it does have the capability to output images, so it might be useful. Again, cost is a factor here.

This is by no means an extensive list of what's available. Hope you find it helpful.

--Jason
    Jason Pitoniak

Loyal Client
    thx jason it was helpful and if I send my payment howlong will it take to arrive and when will I be able to use my site (Estimate) I'll send my payment tonight

How long it takes to process your payment all depends on where you are in relation to the office. Based on my experience with the US Postal Service, stuff I send in-state takes about a day, stuff I send to other states in the Northeast takes about 2 days, and cost-to-coast takes about 3-4 days, but your milage may vary.

Once JPC receives your payment, I'd assume that they'd process it and activate your account on the same day, unless the payment is received on Saturday, in which case it *might* not be processed until Monday.

--Jason
    Jason Pitoniak

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast