Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Couple of questions... in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Hi, I just ordered a VPS plan on Thursday at around 7pm (EST). I did not receive any kind of confirmation email or anything, and ...

Loyal Client

Couple of questions...

Hi, I just ordered a VPS plan on Thursday at around 7pm (EST).

I did not receive any kind of confirmation email or anything, and it didn't even ask me to pay (I will be using PayPal). What do I have to do?

I really need to get my account started as soon as possible, as my current host really screwed me over. My site has been down for 4 days, and they wont reply to support emails. So I went ahead and purchased a plan here at Jaguar after hearing great things about the service.

My domain is bluetraxx.com.

Any help at getting me going ASAP is greatly appreciated. Just tell me what I have to do...thanks!

P.S. I have a 1.7 gig DB backup that I need dumped...will someone be able to do this for me? I hate to sound pushy, but I REALLY need to get everything done today (Friday). I cant go the whole weekend without my site. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by shibby2; 08-05-2005 at 12:45 AM.

Loyal Client
    If you stated on the sign-up form that you intended to pay via PayPal, they could very well be waiting to receive your payment. Their site clearly states that payment must be made before your account will be activated if you are paying by PayPal. That could be your problem.

Sales is not open on the weekends, so I certainly hope they can get you sorted out today. Good luck.

Sales & Billing : Mon - Fri (8AM-6PM CST)
    Phone : 713-960-1502 ( Not a Support number )
    Fax : 713-960-1581

Quote Originally Posted by shibby2
    P.S. I have a 1.7 gig DB backup that I need dumped...will someone be able to do this for me? I hate to sound pushy, but...
    This place has the best Tech Support going! I'm sure they will be glad to import the data for you...
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

You can send your payment to sales (a) jaguarpc.com. You can also email them at the same address if you want to confirm that everything is OK before you send the payment, or you can call the number posted above. Chances are that they are just waiting for your payment. Generally they send a confirmation email when you sign up, but there's a chance that it might have been eaten by your spam filter or something.

Give sales a call or email and I'm sure they'll get everything worked out for you right away. They really are top notch around here.

--Jason
    Jason Pitoniak
    Interbrite Communications
    www.interbrite.com www.kodiakskorner.com

Fellow Paypal payer here. I have always been asked to sent it to billing (a) jaguarpc.com. (Could be that both work, of course.)
    Regards,

Wim Heemskerk
    ---
    Visit MeCCG.net - Cardgaming in J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth
    And Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store

It looks like Brandon is already on this but feel free to contact me in an hour or so if you haven't received any logins by then.
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

Hello Shibby,

You'll find that I replied to your e-mail ticket this morning and got you all set up. For the db dump that you're gonna need, go ahead and open a support ticket through your secure client section or reply to that e-mail that I sent you. We'll take care of you. Glad to have you onboard!
    Brandon Lawler
    Jaguar Technologies LLC

Gotta love these guys.

Loyal Client
    Thanks guys! Sorry for the delay. My current host got everything working again Friday morning, so I wasnt in such a rush anymore. I'm planning to make the move very soon, either this week or next...I've just been very busy.

Sounds like I'm going to like it here. I'm so sick of having non-english speaking support. It just doesnt work with something as important as technical support. I always felt like I was talking to my wall.

Anyway, thanks again, can't wait to get everything set up here!

Hello Shibby,

I am glad everything smoothed out for you. I'm sure you'll find through the ticket system and these forums, that you are gonna get some of the best support out there. Feel free to PM any of us if you have a specific concern that needs to be addressed.
    Brandon Lawler
    Jaguar Technologies LLC

Loyal Client
    You can bet that JaguarPC has the best technical support you'll ever find. Most of the forum members here are quite knowledgeable as well. If you move over here, you'll feel right at home and never have to search for another host again!

Quote Originally Posted by Rye Seronie Oh
    ...If you move over here, you'll feel right at home and never have to search for another host again!
    This place rocks!

JaguarPC is more than a web host. They provide a team of service performers who truly enjoy helping their customers solve problems. They are NOT satisfied until YOU are satisfied. They treat each and every customer as if they are their best friends. They have been known to go to absolutely outrageous lengths in their quest to make customers happy. That's why they're known far and wide for the service they provide.

EDIT: LoL! Hey, Chief, I think I inadvertently came up with a testimonial...
    Last edited by Vin DSL; 08-10-2005 at 01:13 PM.
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

Loyal Client
    Just wondering, like I said, I purchased a VPS plan for my site. I just bought another domain from godaddy.com, and plan to run just an IPB forum for the domain. Can I run this domain along with my other one on the same VPS plan? I should be able to, right?

Thanks guys!

Yes, you should be able to. With the VPS plan you can set up as many domains as you want, server resources permitting, of course.

--Jason
    Jason Pitoniak
    Interbrite Communications
    www.interbrite.com www.kodiakskorner.com