Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is a discussion on FFmpeg in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Anybody have FFmpeg installed on their shared server, here at JagPC? Thought I should ask before opening a ticket. EDIT: Gawd! I've had to edit ...

Question FFmpeg

Anybody have FFmpeg installed on their shared server, here at JagPC?

Thought I should ask before opening a ticket.

EDIT: Gawd! I've had to edit this post 3 times. Time to call it a day...
    Last edited by Vin DSL; 08-10-2005 at 06:33 PM.
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

interesting product. I'd be surious to know how well it works

Quote Originally Posted by tank
    interesting product. I'd be surious to know how well it works
    It's supposed to work great. I need it for the Menalto Gallery 2 proggie I'm playing around with... If FFmpeg is active, G2 will stream video clips when you click on the thumbnail. Otherwise, all you can do is download the videos...

I guess I'll contact Tech Support and see what they say.
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

Loyal Client
    Did you ever get any answer on the FFMpeg thing?

I'm looking at it as well to use for my Gallery2 page.

Loyal Client
    When I asked I was told that FFmpeg was not available on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by BGraceTFaith
    Did you ever get any answer on the FFMpeg thing?

I'm looking at it as well to use for my Gallery2 page.
    Truth be told, I forgot all about it...

Anyway, 'we' got 'our' answer, yes?

However, the 'thing' about this place is -- if enough ppl ask for it, JagPC will usually oblige...

Just checked the server I was recently moved to -- no dice!

Code:
    /home/[TARGET_USER]/public_html$ man FFMpeg
    No manual entry for FFMpeg
    /home/[TARGET_USER]/public_html$ apropos FFMpeg
    FFMpeg: nothing appropriate
    /home/[TARGET_USER]/public_html$ which FFMpeg
    which: no FFMpeg in (/usr/local/jdk/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin)
    /home/[TARGET_USER]/public_html$ locate FFMpeg
    warning: locate: could not open database: /var/lib/slocate/slocate.db: Permission denied

Loyal Client
    I too would like ffmpeg for my gallery installation. I asked about it last year...

+ + + Client + + + : . 2005-06-06 / 14:00:51
    sample URL:
    Is ffmpeg (http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/index.php) installed and if so what is the path to it?

- - - Tech - - - : Masood. 2005-06-06 / 14:01:41
    No, sorry it is not installed nor supported on shared web hosting accounts.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
    Masood

+ + + Client + + + : 2005-06-06 / 14:05:39
    Is that something I can compile and install myself? What if I found a precompiled binary?

- - - Tech - - - : Masood. 2005-06-06 / 14:19:09
    No, you can not compile it yourself. You can try a precompiled binary if you wish.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
    Masood
    I havent found a precompiled binary that works yet...

Loyal Client
    Chances are you won't. I doubt that something like that would work too well on shared hosting-even if you found a binary that worked.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsiegman
    Chances are you won't. I doubt that something like that would work too well on shared hosting-even if you found a binary that worked.
    LoL! Yeah, that's right... poke the bear...
    Attached Images Attached Images

WoW! That is sooooooo cool!!!

You upload the video and FFmpeg does the rest -- well, almost -- I had to manually add the video width/height -- but FFmpeg made the title, thumbnail, et cetera...

When you click the thumbnail, the video starts playing -- or you can add it to your cart and download it in a ZIP file.

Too much!

Um... Kadina... I know it was a year ago, but are you sure this is okay with Masood?

Quote Originally Posted by Kadina
    I too would like ffmpeg for my gallery installation. I asked about it last year... I havent found a precompiled binary that works yet...
    Since you kicked me into action, check your PM...

Loyal Client
    show off :P

Loyal Client
    Thanks

My pleasure! Thank YOU!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast