Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on All fixed except for one thing. in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
First i just wanted to say what awsome help i have received from customer service. They are top of the best let me tell you ...

Loyal Client

All fixed except for one thing.

First i just wanted to say what awsome help i have received from customer service. They are top of the best let me tell you second i wanted to thank everyone that has been willing to help me

Third, i just wanted to ask. Has anyone had the issue with phpbb where you install a template for a new skin, but none of the pictures will work?

what i did was i copied the template from my origional phpbb installation, and just made a copy of it to another phpbb installation so that both of them would have the new template. Bascially i copied it from my origional domain, and moved a copy to phpbb in my subdomain, everything copied over just fine, but when im trying to change the templates only the background is showing up and the words, none of the pictures are showing up. Also when i go and look at the individual pictures in that template, i get this error msg.

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /justdessert/templates/wowHorde/images/wowHorde.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

anyone here understand what that means.? Ive been all over the forums and asking phpbb but so far help on phpbb has not answered back and im at a loss on what im doing wrong. If i can solve this issue then i think im gonna be all set

You should post a link.

Also, the path indicated in your error message doesn't seem proper either. They're usually in the format /home/username/public_html/folder/etc I think.
    - Julie
    Student / Web Developer

Sounds like a permission problem, e.g. you need to CHMOD some of your files to the proper octal.

I need to get some shuteye, or I could help you out tonight. However, I need to be up at 4:00AM, so...

Maybe someone else will cruise by. BBL tomorrow
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL © 2010

Quote Originally Posted by clio
    ...Also, the path indicated in your error message doesn't seem proper either. They're usually in the format /home/username/public_html/folder/etc I think.
    He's running phpBB in a subdomain...
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL © 2010

Loyal Client
    well i decided to try something different. Since the first thing was not working and i could not figure out why, i decided to try all over again. And deleted my subdomain and remade it. so now my sub domain should look as follows

justdesserts.keepers-of-the-light.org

that should bring up a blank page now. Because what i decided to do was download phpbb into its own folder the way i did the first time. so now phpbb is in /home/username/public_html/phpb or similar to that. I thought perhaps that because i had downloaded it directly into the subdomain that it was not working correctly. So decided to put it into just its own folder in my public_html. So that i could do something similar as i did for

keepers-of-the-light.org

and just link to it like I did for my forums there. However, i have one question. In my /public_html/Phpbb folder i have put in some new templates that i was going to use. If you look at my forum in keepers of the light you will see that i used another template other than just the normal silver one. What i wanted to do was just copy the template that i downloaded into /phpbb and move a copy of it over into /public_html/phpb. Can i do that without needing to change anything? (is anything that im saying making any sense? LOL

Loyal Client
    Well my thoughts were correct. For some reason, when i downloaded the phpbb program into my subdomain, the pictures were not able to be brought up correctly due to some type of pathing problem. (i guess it did not like going to the justdesserts.keepers-of-the-light.org path it would not recognize it.) so by putting the phpbb into its own folder, I solved the issue of the pictures not showing up

keepers-of-the-light.org/phpb

that is the link to the new forums folder of mine. Not sure why i could not put it directly into the subdomain and why the pathing would not recognize itself.... *wonders off to ponder a little more on this subject* *returns real quick* oh and as always, thank you all for your awsome suggestions *goes back to pondering*