Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Any chance of getting my account activated in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Hello, I understand there is a tremendous natural disaster heading towards your central location, and I do not want to sound rude or inconsiderate, but ...

Any chance of getting my account activated

Hello, I understand there is a tremendous natural disaster heading towards your central location, and I do not want to sound rude or inconsiderate, but I was wondering if there was any way to get my account activated, or will if I would have to wait till next week after the storm passes and everything (hopefully) returns to normal. I signed up Tuesday evening, which is about 48 hours ago, I received an email about a ticket which is as follows:
    Clients invoice was processed successfully but the plan can not be setup automatically.
    please complete this order for this client, create the account and mail them the details.
    <br>Client ID: 20050438
    <br>Order : PartnerPlus - ocelotspot.com

I'm not sure if this is something that is easy for any of you to activate remotely or if it is a big deal and will have to wait a week, the timing is quite unfortunate, I would rather not have to use a different host as I really like the features of this one but I would like to get the ball rolling with a website.

Any ideas from anyone would be appreciated, even if its just a guess :-)

Mark

|| $name ne 'R.Stiltskin'
    My worthless advice? Hold off a few days and have a little patience. If they can set you up before this storm, they will; however, their sales department is probably shutting down (or now shut down) so that the families can escape. It's a very serious situation and I know you don't want them to experience undesirable risk.

You will like this place. Very accommodating group at a very competitive price. Search the forums for opinions (post Aletia) and you will find almost always a glowing review. Also, some of the regulars here provide terrific supplemental advice (and an occassional, seasonal political debate) that you may not find elsewhere. Well, some of that is a plus anyway.

I will have your account setup shortly. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]Masood N. [/COLOR] | [COLOR="Red"]Chief Technical Officer[/COLOR][SIZE="3"] JaguarPC.com[/SIZE]

|| $name ne 'R.Stiltskin'
    See what I mean? Very accommodating. All they want is patience and understanding... Oh yeah, and a little scratch.

Your account has been setup and you should have received an email by now with your ParterPlus account details.

Thank you again, and welcome aboard.
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]Masood N. [/COLOR] | [COLOR="Red"]Chief Technical Officer[/COLOR][SIZE="3"] JaguarPC.com[/SIZE]

Thumbs up

Thank you sooooo much masood. Now I just need to figure out how to use that very elaborate control pannel. In the meantime, how long does it normally take for a domain name to be created, I'm not sure if I was redirected to register the domain name after I signed up for the account, and I dont want to loose my clever domain name now that I have mentioned it in this forum!

Mark

You are welcome.

You can register the domain name by visiting www.aletianic.com

Domain registration is separate process that starts after the account signup. Please make sure to update the name servers as provided in the account details, and the domain will start working within a day.

Heh! You never fail to amaze me, masood!
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

Thanks Vin.

Thanks Masood!
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

Arrow

What can I say, you guys are awesome. I'm making good headway with understanding this whole reseller whm application, it was a tad tricky at first but now it makes sense, I'm really looking forward to working with you all, and hope to be able to expand to several accounts if I can find a few customers and if not I'll just build myself a few fun sites to keep me occupied

Mark
    Mark H. Schneider
    www.ISPmark.com

Thanks, we really appreciate that. Good luck with your venture and finding clients. what I might do if I were just starting out would be find a niche forum, like some group of people totally hyped about one of the peices of software bundled with the account, for example phpbb or coppermine, then just dwell on those forums and try to buy some cheap ads there. Once you establish you first few loyal clients and spoil them rotten they will start to chip in via referrals.
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

Loyal Client
    wow... amazing team work, gang!