Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Help Desk in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I've been a JaguarPC user for 4 or more years. (I've lost track.) But, lately I'm getting frustrated by the help desk. I have 2 ...

Loyal Client

Help Desk

I've been a JaguarPC user for 4 or more years. (I've lost track.) But, lately I'm getting frustrated by the help desk.

I have 2 servers. With the security changes to PHP lately I've had to adjust to the new routines with email. No big deal, it just takes me a few minutes to change my style of working and get going.

On one server I like using the 'Fetch Mail' utility on Horde. It helps me and saves me time. On the 2nd server, I can't get it working.

My frustration is when I fill out a help ticket I'm asked to fill in 'exactly' what I"ve done to use the 'Fetch Mail'. Frankly, it's too darn much work to try and re-construct 'exactly' what I did. Please, just tell me what I should do. It's working on one server (I figured that one out.), but it's not working on the 2nd server. Please, just tell me what I need to do.

I'd just like to get it working, and not develop a tutorial on the procedures I"VE followed that don't work.

Sorry for the frustration, but lately it seems the help desk has not been as helpful as in the past. I also asked for help with a 2nd issue. This is also one I've had on the other server I use. The question is the syntax for the sa-learn command for spamassassin. I have it working on the other server, but the syntax doens't seem to be the same on the current server. Is the path different? What's going on?

Oh, I have to wait until the first issue has been solved before getting a response. Oh, OK, I guess that's just the way it is.

Where my bottle of Scotch?

Best,

Tom

Loyal Client
    I don't know too much about those things, but maybe there are different version of those programs on the servers?