Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is a discussion on Luna Server Down Again in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Hi Guys, After Trying To Get Support From Ticket System, Or Using Sales Phone Number, I Have To Post My Problem Here. 3 Of My ...

Loyal Client

Luna Server Down Again

Hi Guys, After Trying To Get Support From Ticket System, Or Using Sales Phone Number, I Have To Post My Problem Here.

3 Of My Websites Were Victims Of Hack Attacks During This Weekend, These 3 Websites Were Hacked So none Of Those sites are Working, I Have 17 Websites And I'm Very Concern Of What Kind Of Security Level Are We Getting Here.

Please Don't Tell Me That It Was A Web Application/software Or Script Security Hole Because 2 Of Those Websites Were Just Created The Same Day That The Attack Happened, They Did Not Had Any Files On Their Accounts So There's No Way To Think That Was A Bad Script Code.

Now Luna Server Is Down, This Is Like The 4th Time On The Same Day, And When I Go To My Main Domain Account I See A Webpage That It Says Account Suspended Like When You Suspend An Account From Whm, I Can't Login To Whm Too, the same for Cpanel, I Don't Have Mail Server And I Can't See Any Of My 17 Websites.

I Need An Explanation Now! I Can't Wait 24 Hours To Get A Response For The Ticket Support, And Please Take As Consideration That If You Have Phone Lines For Sales Department And You Are Interested On Get New Clients Please Have A Tech Support Line So We Can Get An Explanation That What's Happening With Our Services.

I Think That Me And All Of Us Need An Explanation Please Don't Be Like That...

Thanks
    Cesar.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Actualiz; 10-29-2006 at 10:51 PM.

Loyal Client
    Yes, so many times. Maybe 01 account have problem

Loyal Client
    If three of your sites were hacked, you account could have been suspended because it was a hacker magnet. it appears to be a problem with the server. The ticket system is your only good support option here, as the board don't get read, except during the week, sometimes. It appears that the problem is on multiple sites, so there is a good possibility that either some hardware failed, or someone on your server decided to run a script that would bring the server down.

Ticket support usually responds within the hour, so if you haven't submitted a ticket, do so now.

I can see http://serbitio.cl just fine...

Isn't that one of your sites?
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

Actualiz,

Please open a support ticket if you haven't already so we can help you with this.

Loyal Client
    I've noticed quite a few outages on this server too - http is down right now. There is obviously something wrong if it is going down this frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by amorangi View Post
    I've noticed quite a few outages on this server too...
    I like your side of 'the family' better...
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

Loyal Client
    Luna is having a fit... Whole server is going down and cpu is close to 40! Memory usage is also incrementing pretty fast. Something or someone is causing this server to hiccup from time to time!

Cheers,

Santo

Luna is doing great at this time with 1.5GB RAM free and load at 4. Has this already been dealt with or was it just a load spike?
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]Masood N. [/COLOR] | [COLOR="Red"]Chief Technical Officer[/COLOR][SIZE="3"] JaguarPC.com[/SIZE]

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by masood View Post
    Luna is doing great at this time with 1.5GB RAM free and load at 4. Has this already been dealt with or was it just a load spike?
    Hi Masod,

All was taken care by JaguarPC tech people. You can see what happened by looking at Ticket #2398463.

The problem with Luna seems to be random and it happens 2 or 3 times a day.

For periods of normally 5 minutes or less, port 80 stops responding. Server load and memory usage go up, sometimes more sometimes less, and then all goes back to normal.

Last night problem was more severe.

If you need more info, i am keeping that ticket open so i can help detect whats happening by reporting the times that port 80 stopped responding, since that doesn't show in your monitoring logs.

PS: The monitoring stations i have looking at the site are a contracted service that checks the server from the US, Australia and Europe every 5 minutes. I was worried to put the checks every minute so i opted to the 5 minutes reports. Let me know if this is against any JaguarPC policy, or if you want me to check the port 80 more often.

Cheers,

Santo

Loyal Client
    Btw, this is the current report on Luna port 80:

Server : PT Web Services - Servidor Luna (luna.nocdirect.com)
    Test : Web Server Test (Port 80)
    Current Status : UP
    Next Test : Nov 14 2006 10:54 AM
    Uptime : 99.398%
    Uptime including maintenance : 99.398%
    Maintenance : 00min
    Downtime : 50min
    Outage : 6
    Monitored Duration : 5day 18hr 21min

The server report:

Website : PT Web Services - Alojamento web, Dominios e Scripts
    Current Status : UP
    Next Test : Nov 14 2006 11:04 AM
    Uptime : 99.261%
    Uptime including maintenance : 99.261%
    Maintenance : 00min
    Downtime : 01hr 00min
    Outage : 2
    Monitored Duration : 5day 15hr 19min

Notes: Server report is done every 30 minutes. Port 80 report is done every 5 minutes.

Cheers,

Santo

We are investigating this further. Thank you for the reports. You can continue to monitor it, this is not against AUP.
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]Masood N. [/COLOR] | [COLOR="Red"]Chief Technical Officer[/COLOR][SIZE="3"] JaguarPC.com[/SIZE]

Loyal Client
    It down again

Loyal Client
    Yes, Luna keeps going down at least once a day for about 5 mins. Usually it's just HTTP and HTTPS, but tonight cPanel, MySQL and SMTP were down as well.

It seems this has been going on for over a month. Are we any closer to a solution?

Thanks,
    ~YC

Loyal Client
    Many times go down again.
    Tks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast