Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Better backups in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Hi, I'd like to see a better and easier backup feature. The backup provided with Cpanel is deleted day by day and the extra backup ...

Better backups

Hi,
    I'd like to see a better and easier backup feature. The backup provided with Cpanel is deleted day by day and the extra backup option I've bought is difficult to use with SSH and Cron.

There are some new backup projects and tools in the pipe already, its going to take many a months to bring it about though. Look for this in summer 07
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

This is BASICALLY what I do...

http://jaguarpc.com/forums/showpost....2&postcount=48

I posted that, for public consumption, when it looked like Houston was going to wash away last year!

I usually add a bunch of filters to those BASIC examples, to preclude backing up cache files and other useless stuff, but that will get you in the ballpark.
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

Quote Originally Posted by JPC-Greg View Post
    There are some new backup projects and tools in the pipe already, its going to take many a months to bring it about though. Look for this in summer 07
    Hi Greg, any news?

Thanks