Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Join domain in different subnet mask, possible? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
My task is to join a few PC (Win XP)in Malaysia to our dc (win2k3) in Singapore. Our Singapore DC is a sub dc of ...

JPC Member

Join domain in different subnet mask, possible?

My task is to join a few PC (Win XP)in Malaysia to our dc (win2k3) in Singapore. Our Singapore DC is a sub dc of UK. The PC in Malaysia is still under workgroup. Current equipment in Malaysia is only a Cisco 831 router and Switches. The VPN router (Cisco 831) is already tunneled to Singapore and UK. There is no DHCP server in Malaysia, currently it is using static , dns pointing back to the ISP. Network address in Malaysia is 216.245.113.64/26

In Singapore, network address is 216.245.114.0 /24. UK is 10.30.25.0 /24. We have a DHCP server in Singapore.

I can ping our dc in singapore and uk.

What is the first step I should do? Should I change the subnet mask of Malaysia router to /24 in order to join? Do I need to setup a Dc in Malaysia?

Quote Originally Posted by harryp View Post
    What is the first step I should do? Should I change the subnet mask of Malaysia router to /24 in order to join? Do I need to setup a Dc in Malaysia?
    Obviously!

How, the hell, else are you gonna do it?!?!?

Ron
    Loyal Client
    Outsourcing?

Oh wait, he probably is the outsourcing company.

Never mind.

What makes you think that?

He's simply trying to connect two subnets, via a 831, right?