Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on I can't FTP no matter what domain in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I have a VPS server using my own nameservers. When I add new domains through the WHM, I add them as a new account. It ...

Loyal Client

I can't FTP no matter what domain

I have a VPS server using my own nameservers. When I add new domains through the WHM, I add them as a new account. It sets them up, or so it says. I wait, and wait, and wait. Can't reach the domain name. I have 4 domain names other than the main one that my site is currently running on and these 4 never work, or I should say, the FTP never works so I can setup the sites. I have them registered through GoDaddy and I have setup the nameservers there to my custom nameservers.

As an example, zerowimps.com leads me to the site ok, I can see the directory that is setup before files are uploaded. It's just no matter what domain name I try to setup, I can't FTP to the site.

HELP!! I'll open a ticket but till then maybe someone knows what to do before support answers my ticket.

Loyal Client
    ok I just figured it out. My server ip/~accountname

I can't believe I've wasted a whole week not being able to start my other sites.

Quote Originally Posted by hexonxonx View Post
    I can't believe I've wasted a whole week not being able to start my other sites.
    That's nothing!

I didn't know Alice Cooper was a guy for over a year...

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin DSL View Post
    That's nothing!

Alice sweet Alice. Good music, strange man.

Loyal Client
    Ok I can login to my FTP now, BUT I can't upload anything and I can't delete anything.

MY FTP gives me this popup box:

[11/29/2006 11:17:45 AM] HTTP Error.

What is the secret to FTP'ing on JaguarP that I have been wasting a full week on? I don't get it.

all about nothing! Frank Broughton's Avatar
    Why would FTP give you an http error? What program are you using to FTP to your site(s)?

|| $name ne 'R.Stiltskin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin DSL
    What about his snake?

hexonxonx,

Sounds like you're going through cPanel, an HTTP accessible app. Like Frank suggested, have you tried traditional FTP/SCP agents?

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Why would FTP give you an http error? What program are you using to FTP to your site(s)?
    I was using two programs, CUTEFTP pro was giving me the error, WS_FTP pro wouldn't login at all.

Tsch Support said the FTP server wasn't functioning on the server and they restarted it. I can now get WS_FTP pro to work, but CUTE FTP pro still won't logon. Oh well, at least I am getting my site uploaded now finally.

|| $name ne 'R.Stiltskin'
    Terrific. I've inherited your problem. FTP intermittent and cannot upload. SCP cannot connect long enough to produce an authenticated session.

A bug-hunting we will go. Not a good time.

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by Spathiphyllum View Post
    Terrific. I've inherited your problem. FTP intermittent and cannot upload. SCP cannot connect long enough to produce an authenticated session.

A bug-hunting we will go. Not a good time.
    Just open a support ticket. Save yourself some headaches. Chances are like me, it's not something you are doing wrong. Support is really doing a great job! They are quick and they seem to know what they are doing. Glad I moved here.