Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Managed VPS? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Hello! I want to know that VPS is manged by JaguarPC or I will have to manage it myself? And other thing is what does ...

Loyal Client

Managed VPS?

Hello!
    I want to know that VPS is manged by JaguarPC or I will have to manage it myself?

And other thing is what does this means,

unmetered 1mbps bandwidth OR 150gig data transfer ?

I *think* Level-2 management is available on VPS.

Check this page for details...

http://www.jaguarpc.com/services/managed/
    Last edited by Vin DSL; 01-05-2007 at 12:12 AM.
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY ARSLAN View Post
    unmetered 1mbps bandwidth OR 150gig data transfer ?
    Rule of Thumb: 150gig data transfer is better, faster, et cetera. This is usually the way to go!

However, if you have a special need for LOTS of bandwidth, because of, like, 100's or 1000's of forum users being online at the same time, or whatever, and you don't mind a little slowness, unmetered 1mbps bandwidth is the way to go.

Depends on YOUR circumstances, and there's more to it than that, but that's the situation in a nutshell...
    Last edited by Vin DSL; 01-05-2007 at 12:15 AM.
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

Loyal Client
    Thanks for the reply.

I want to say that, I have no past experience of server management. I want JaguarPc to manage it.

I want to start a wallpapers website so it will start from little traffic. For this you will suggest 150gig data transfer?

Yes, I would suggest 150gig data transfer!

And, you came to the right place! These guys won't screw you!

Believe me on this...

Are they perfect? No! But neither am I...

How about you, SUNNY ARSLAN? You perfect?

The thing is, these guys, and Smith, try to be perfect, and that's good enough for me! What else can you ask for -- a hollow promise, and a sore rear-end?

Anyway, give 'em a try. I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

* Now that I've made a fool out of myself, maybe someome official will answer your query...

Here's the question, JagPC, et al.

Can you manage a VPS account for this guy?

I think yes -- Level-2! Set me straight, if I'm in error...

Ron
    Loyal Client
    They keep saying that all VPS are managed at Level-2, and that cannot be upgraded.
    Good luck

Loyal Client
    I talked to them with Live support and they said,

Currently our vps packages are managed with our Level 2 management service.

I got the answer of my question.

Cool!

Thanks for the update...