Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is a discussion on martin server issues in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Hi guys, I am new at JPC but i must say i have experienced unbelievable down times with jpc for last 3 days none of ...

Loyal Client

martin server issues

Hi guys,
    I am new at JPC but i must say i have experienced unbelievable down times with jpc for last 3 days none of my sites are working. JPC just keeps sending mails its soon will be sorted out and nothing happens. I am going to wait just 24 hours more before shifting my servers and filing chargeback
    Regards
    Nik
    Web Design, Joomla custom components, modules, templates at DROP DEAD Rates
    Cab & Will
    http://cybizz.biz

Hi Nik,

I assume you are referring to the Martin data loss
    http://www.jaguarpc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=105979

Are you able to access your sites/whm now, if not please open a support ticket and we can assist you. The databases are all intact however, we unfortunately lost a large part of the data on /home due to the raid array crash.

Big Member
    Veena

You guys keep mentioning that the databases were recovered and are intact but every time i have made a request to get a copy of one of my client's databases it magically disappears from these recovered databases. Any idea what is going on there? If you want me to send you details on it, i'll be glad to.

Thanks
    Tongo

Tongo,

Yes, please send the details and I'll see what can be done.

Loyal Client
    well its quite amazing how data was lost and they dont have secondary hard drives or tape backups which is very normal with other hosting companies. and support is cold, casual, with dont care attitude. Guys who have all lost data please send me pms
    Regards
    Nik
    Cab & Will

Big Member
    Veena,

The database name should be vakomac_gllr1 and the username should be the same, but if not, the prefix is (vakomac_). I'd really appreciate it if you could get a copy of that database. The rest i can re-do but that part involves the client redoing a lot of their work and that does not help me in getting back in their good graces after the downtime they had to deal with.

Thanks for all your help
    Tongo

Tongo,

I checked and the database exists, is close to 1.2MB. Please open a support ticket in case you are unable to access it through your cpanel.

Big Member
    Veena,

That's the one i re-created. All the data from before the crash is not in that one. I spent the whole day begging support to retrieve the database but they kept saying it wasn't there so i had to create that one. I obviously had to redo the whole account for the client so is there any way to see what databases were retrieved for the username "vakomac" after the crash. After recreating the account, there were no databases in that account.

As usual, all their databases would have had the "vakomac_" prefix.

Thank you
    Tongo

Tongo,

Either somehow those database were not there at all or they were deleted when you recreated. I see these two, but both have the same date from last night , so probably you recreated them:

Jan 4 21:02 vakomac_artshows/
    Jan 4 21:16 vakomac_gllr1/

Big Member
    Veena,

Yes, those were the ones i had to re-create after Support swore up and down that my databases did not exist. I had to do something to try and get my client back online.

I guess this means i'll just have take to take this one up the huha and hope the client can live with it.

Thanks
    Tongo

Quote Originally Posted by sandclock View Post
    well its quite amazing how data was lost and they dont have secondary hard drives or tape backups which is very normal with other hosting companies. and support is cold, casual, with dont care attitude. Guys who have all lost data please send me pms
    Regards
    Nik
    We have large NAS appliances better and more advanced than most hosting companies that use a second drive on the same machine or other cheap tricks. That nature of that problem is beyond the simeple statement above.

whats the pm for, some secret you dont want to share with the rest of us?
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sandclock View Post
    I am going to wait just 24 hours more before shifting my servers and filing chargeback
    Why would you file a chargeback rather than just ask for a refund (which I'm sure would be forthcoming)?

Loyal Client
    Personal daily backups of my site are my friend. Despite Jag's attempt to get good backups, you still must be ready yourself. Don't depend on others to do your job as a webmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsiegman View Post
    Personal daily backups of my site are my friend. Despite Jag's attempt to get good backups, you still must be ready yourself. Don't depend on others to do your job as a webmaster.
    Good words to go by. Dont put anything you cant live without in someone else's hands. That being said, our backups are about to improve dramatically. I dont want to see a single missing or bad backup issue in 2007 and beyond.
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

Loyal Client
    "Why would you file a chargeback rather than just ask for a refund
    (which I'm sure would be forthcoming)?"
    --->in your dream mate in their support ticket responces they are not even sorry about what has happened all they say is we have already said sorry in forums we dont need to say sorry again.
    "Good words to go by. Dont put anything you cant live without in someone else's hands. That being said, our backups are about to improve dramatically. I dont want to see a single missing or bad backup issue in 2007 and beyond."
    ---> well in other words what you mean is you shouldnt believe JPC for anything
    Cab & Will

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast