Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is a discussion on Contacting Support in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I just tried calling into the JagPC phone number for support (as I was not able to connect to any of my sites via 2 ...

Loyal Client

Question Contacting Support

I just tried calling into the JagPC phone number for support (as I was not able to connect to any of my sites via 2 different connections) to be told to contact Support via my portal login.

Is there any other way to contact support if I do not have any WAN connectivity?

Thanks

I don't think there is any support by phone. The phone number is for sales. You need to log into your account and submit a ticket if your having problems.

Loyal Client
    Sure, no problem... but I am still waiting to hear what Jag has to say about how we contact them when their site is down?

There was about a 60 minute outage the other day, and I cant let my customers wait an hour to hear what is going on... can yours?

Well, as long as a complete JagPC location (i.e. all of their Houston or all of their Atlanta operations) are off-line, there's no need the report anything. They'll surely be well aware of it within the minute and I trust they'll do whatever it takes to get back up on the double.

So don't let your customers wait an hour. If someone asks, you can tell them right away that there is a serious network issue and that all man power is being devoted to it to solve it on the double. What else can there be to say anyway?

The real problem is when it's NOT the whole operation that is down, but only one or a few internet routings towards it are failing. In such a case JagPC may seem down to you (and the ticket system unreachable), yet up and running to everyone else, including Jag staff.

Either way, I suppose you can pick up the phone in the rare circumstances that tickets are simply not possible. But if it's really all down, I wouldn't expect to hear more than "we're working on it as fast as we can, now please free up this phone line for the next caller".
    Regards,

Wim Heemskerk
    ---
    Visit MeCCG.net - Cardgaming in J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth
    And Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store

Ron
    Loyal Client
    Not necessarily -- the connection to the outside world might be down while internals are humming along. It depends on what piece of the infrastructure is down, and from where the monitoring programs are running... and it may not be able to send them a notice in Houston, say, when things are down in Atlanta.
    Good luck

Actually if houston is out but not atlanta, we'd know, and vice versa. We're also looking at a possible 3rd location further west like AZ or CA. We will have a site available soon that shows all 3 locations activity and gives you the ability to monitor your site and others from all locations. It wont be too hard, or too far behind that, for the client login to be accesible from all locations. Like someone else said if its all our, or particularly this site itself, we'll know before anyone does and would have someone working on it. Often we dont know what exactly transpired til just before its back on, ie we find the problem and correct it, and in such cases trying to report it in hopes of an explanation would probably get you a " we're looking into" sorta of reply instead of a "tell your clients this happened.." type of response.
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

Ron
    Loyal Client
    Well that's a nice improvement over a year or so ago then!

Keep up the excellent work! (but start with backups lol)

My 5c
    Good luck

|| $name ne 'R.Stiltskin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron
    My 5c
    Gotta call my broker. That inflation's really sneaked up on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spathiphyllum View Post
    Gotta call my broker. That inflation's really sneaked up on me.
    No kidding, if Ron's advice is up to 5c, mine has to be well over 15c
    -------------------------
    the_ancient
    MP Technology Group

Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    Actually if houston is out but not atlanta, we'd know, and vice versa. We're also looking at a possible 3rd location further west like AZ or CA. We will have a site available soon that shows all 3 locations activity and gives you the ability to monitor your site and others from all locations. It wont be too hard, or too far behind that, for the client login to be accesible from all locations. Like someone else said if its all our, or particularly this site itself, we'll know before anyone does and would have someone working on it. Often we dont know what exactly transpired til just before its back on, ie we find the problem and correct it, and in such cases trying to report it in hopes of an explanation would probably get you a " we're looking into" sorta of reply instead of a "tell your clients this happened.." type of response.
    Skip CA, It will be in the Ocean soon (earthquakes and all)

Is there any good Data centers in Colorado?
    the_ancient
    MP Technology Group

Quote Originally Posted by the_ancient View Post
    Skip CA, It will be in the Ocean soon (earthquakes and all)

Is there any good Data centers in Colorado?
    colorado, why would anyone look there? I dont know about there but I know AZ has some decent ones, since if you recall I used to live there not too many years ago.
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

...I know AZ has some decent ones...
    Yep, there are some hot spots in Phoenix, mostly downtown, and in Scottdale, but you have to where to locate.

New York City is the same way...
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

colorado, why would anyone look there? I dont know about there but I know AZ has some decent ones, since if you recall I used to live there not too many years ago.
    Geographically Colorado is the Perfect State
    the_ancient
    MP Technology Group

Loyal Client
    Kansas is better geographically :P

Quote Originally Posted by mattsiegman View Post
    Kansas is better geographically :P
    how? Kansas has more tornadoes
    the_ancient
    MP Technology Group