Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on consolidating several email boxes in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Over the years I've accumulated several mailboxes and/or maintain sites with boxes that I I'm not ready to let go of so I've probably got ...

Loyal Client

consolidating several email boxes

Over the years I've accumulated several mailboxes and/or maintain sites with boxes that I I'm not ready to let go of so I've probably got to many. One of the reasons I changed to Jag is my previous provider did not offer IMAP - which I like. But IMAP management based on what I've been able to learn and tried to do is a PIA. With pop3 I could use a local email client to manage deletions etc when forwarding to one mail box. I have not found a way to do a forward and delete on the server side. Ideally I would like to forward IMAP emails and delete them after so many days. Does anyone know of such a tool than might be able to handle this?

Thanks

Hrm... Well, it would take some thought, but...

I know you can do it manually by shelling into your account and physically moving them from one account to another. You could run it from a CLI in PuTTY, et cetera. You could probably setup a cron to do it automatically...

I would think there's lots of ways to do this!

I've been using Outlook Express, lately, for doing this sort of stuff. For instance, I have Gmail & JagPC accounts setup as POP3. I also have OE setup for IMAP on JagPC. That way, I can take spams that I receive via POP3 and move them back to my spam folder[s] at JagPC via IMAP for 'learning' by SpamAssassin.

So, don't give up on 'the idea'...
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010