Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on VPS questions in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Hi Everyone, I decided I'd post my questions/concerns here because everyone seems nice and helpful. The truth is my webhosting knowledge basically begins and ends ...

JPC Member

VPS questions

Hi Everyone, I decided I'd post my questions/concerns here because everyone seems nice and helpful.

The truth is my webhosting knowledge basically begins and ends at shared hosting. I want to start a project and I think it might need VPS.

The project would be classified as adult content, it'll be half and half though half adult half not safe for work. So in Jaguarpc's case it'd have to go on a VPS at the very least. Unless I'm missing something.

Anyways it's going to be a gallery of images, which only I'd be uploading so no user created galleries or anything. It'll also have vbulletin for the community which I do hope develops.

Truth is I have no idea if the project will take off and soar or fall flat on its face to never get back up again. So I dont want to spend a ton of money just to see it fail.

So I guess what I'm asking is what VPS plan should I be looking at for this type of project? Or should I really be looking at something else? I know I have to manage the VPS myself, I'm prepared to learn so that's not a problem at least I dont think it is.

Thank you in advance for answering any of my questions/concerns, I'm just completly lost on how to proceed so I'm open to any advice.

Saint
    Hello Nightstriker,

I am glad you are interested in the VPS plans, and this would be the most suitable option to start off with. If you are just starting, then of course I would reccomend the Discovery Plan, which is the lowest plan of the VPS plans. You can upgrade your plan at anytime to have it more suitable to how your website progresses.

Just $19.95 / mo.
    10,000 MB Disk Space
    Your choice: unmetered 1mbps bandwidth OR 150gig data transfer
    128 MB Guaranteed Ram
    Equal share Dual Opteron CPU's
    Host Machine w/ Dual CPU
    RAID10 Storage, 8 Gig RAM
    Fully Burstable RAM and CPU
    UNLIMITED Domains
    FREE Daily backups
    FREE Moving assitance and data transfer for moves
    FREE Affiliate program to earn free service and cash
    FREE Virtuozzo Power Panel
    FREE Fully managed 24/7 support
    FREE 3 IP Addresses
    Full root access - install custom software, control your VPS
    Choice of OS: CentOS, Debian, Fedora Core, Suse.