Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Not liking this in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
My websites hosted with JagPC are all down this morning - - - and yet I am able to get in to their forum here. ...

Loyal Client

Not liking this

My websites hosted with JagPC are all down this morning - - - and yet I am able to get in to their forum here.

Being a new person here - I would really like to know from others if this is a regular occurance with JaguarPC. I have considered moving my accounts from another company that has been unbelievably dependable, to here - and I have had a push on creating new accounts and have been selling them on page speed delivery and dependability and the negative esperience I have had in the past with a couple of the big hosting companies that offer big numbers for small bucks.

Could I get some feedback from others about what their experiince has been in this area - - - before I make any moves I may regret. Thanks
    Rob

Finch and Chimps : Imaging Media Resource
    www.finchandchimps.com
    A Creative Edge in Photography by Robert Watcher
    www.robertwatcher.com

Quote Originally Posted by robertwatcher View Post
    and yet I am able to get in to their forum here.
    Not sure why that is surprising to you. JagPC is a little bigger than one machine and the individual servers are the most common point of failure (just not economically feasible to make them truly redundant).

You wouldn't happen to be on Gamma, would you? (You can find this info after logging into the client area, and on your control panel as well (if your server is up).)

If not, best do as suggested here.

I can understand that it sucks when your sites are down and that its hard to picture a good track record if it happens to you after you've just arrived here, but I think you'll find this place dependable.
    Regards,

Wim Heemskerk
    ---
    Visit MeCCG.net - Cardgaming in J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth
    And Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store

Loyal Client
    Thanks for the reply. I was surprised based on the track record of the company my other reseller account (rsHosting) is with where I have experienced no situations like that. Hopefully it is just a "blip" and not a regular occurance. That is all I was asking - see what others have found.

I must be blind - but I couldn't find the name of the server I am on in my cPanel. I know with the other company, it is stated near the bottom of the left side menu with all the server options.

I followed your link - however I don't think it wold have helped much as I could not get into my contraol panel, my ftp, nothing.

Anyway - everything is back up and running - so I'm not so panicky.
    Rob

www.finchandchimps.com
    www.robertwatcher.com

You're a reseller, right? I'm on shared myself, so I *only* have cPanel, no WHM and such, and don't know exactly where to look for it in a reseller panel. However, the most useful place when your server and those panels are down, is in the client area (Client Login, on top of Jag pages such as this forum). When I press "Accounts" in there it shows up right away.
    Regards,

Wim Heemskerk
    ---
    Visit MeCCG.net - Cardgaming in J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth
    And Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store

Ron
    Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by robertwatcher View Post
    I couldn't find the name of the server I am on in my cPanel.
    Under Server Status => Server Information look down under System Information; the servername is the first part of servername.nocdirect.com
    Good luck

Saint
    You are located on the gamma server.

all about nothing! Frank Broughton's Avatar
    RS Hosting looks quite a bit more expensive that here, no?

Loyal Client
    RS Hosting looks quite a bit more expensive that here, no?
    For disk space and bandwidth alottment (no overselling allowed - just actual numbers). But the fact is that I have my main photography website www.robertwatcher.com (the one that makes me my living) on it and the page delivery has been and is, blazing fast - and never down time or time outs that I have seen since being with them. Support staff is incredible with responses to issues I have had - in minutes when posting on their forum. They have new owners this week though - who promise the same high quality - - - but many of us are a little worried.

I accidentally came across JaguarPC last week when looking for a new provider of Reseller Hosting (and hopefull eventually dedicated if I get busy enough) - because there was not enough space and bandwidth allottment at rsHosting to pursue my hosting buisiness and get clients - - as I'd have to offer 100MB accounts which no one nowadays is interested in (even if that is more than enough for them). For now I will keep my personal websites on rsHosting - at least until I am sure of the same service here - or until the new owners slack off on their promises.
    Last edited by robertwatcher; 02-06-2007 at 01:58 PM.
    Rob

www.finchandchimps.com
    www.robertwatcher.com

Loyal Client
    Well, in the years I've been here, Jag has been very dependable on uptime. Some server have had major issues, but they were rather isolated to one particular server. Welcome to Jag!