Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Checking Backlinks on Google in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
For years it has been impossible to get an idea of the number of backlinks that Google might know about for your site. Google has ...

Checking Backlinks on Google

For years it has been impossible to get an idea of the number of backlinks that Google might know about for your site. Google has now added some new tool that will allow you to get a better idea of the number of backlinks they know about. I have written a little more about this on the Jagblog if your interested.

Thanks for the info, Connie.

Amusingly the new tool shows about 1000% more inbound links for my main site. Yay for google's inability to do things properly any more.

Ron
    Loyal Client
    Connie,
    I just wanna say thanks for your previous blog post about the AdSense manager interview. It was a good listen.
    Good luck

Ron
    Loyal Client
    I looked at this tool and notice 2 things:
    1) I've got a lot of garbage links coming into my site!
    2) Google isn't tracking my internal links very well, or doesn't care about a lot of them.

Thanks again
    Good luck

That's great, and all, Connie!

However, this last round of 'PR' downgrades sealed their fate, I'm afraid...

Google, et al, is about to get their clock cleaned!

Mark my words on this...
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

Not sure what you mean by
    this last round of 'PR' downgrades
    The last TB update was a few weeks ago. This new tool was just released. i haven't seen many complaints about loss of PR.

Google is constantly looking for ways to evaluate the quality of a link. Personally I do not think actual PR or TBPR has anything to do with the number of links. I think it has to do with the quality of those links.

Ron I've got a lot of garbage links too. I think most sites have garbage links. That's one reason I don't think the number of links has anything to do with PR.

I got a 404 error page when trying to check internal links. Since this is all new I'm not surprised there may be some bugs in the system.

Over a period of time we might get an idea about the links that Google thinks is valuable based on the crawl date if we keep records.