Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Mac Widgets? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
The Mac has had widgets for a while. I even hear that those PCs have them now too. Any chance some enterprising developer might whip ...

JPC Member

Mac Widgets?

The Mac has had widgets for a while. I even hear that those PCs have them now too. Any chance some enterprising developer might whip up a couple of JaguarPC status widgets for those of us happily toiling virus-, com-, bat-, scr- and exe-free on Mac OSX?

Basile

I actually thought Jag was talking about Mac widgets when I first read about them. It didn't say anything about platform. But then I realized it was Windows only.

Banned
    As a "old" Mac user and newbie here, I also would like to see these "widgets" for Mac.

The widgets are for Yahoo! Widgets, which is available for both Windows and OSX: http://widgets.yahoo.com/.

Actually the Yahoo! Widgets engine existed as a product called Konfabulator before Apple released Dashboard.

--Jason
    Jason Pitoniak
    Interbrite Communications
    www.interbrite.com www.kodiakskorner.com

I beleive there is some interest from some users here that will be submitting some widgets in mac format.
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

My widgets should work, for the most part, on Mac (yahoo widget engine), If they dont let me know.

If any Mac Users would like to Beta Test for me, Please email the_ancient at insightbb.com

The only thing I can think of that may not work on Mac is the "speak" function I use. But the Rest of the widgets are Low Level Javascript and should be fine with the Mac version of Yaho! Widgets...

NOTE: This is for the Widget Engine, I have no Interest in Writing Native Mac Widgets, I dont use Mac, and Never will.
    -------------------------
    the_ancient
    MP Technology Group

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Actually the Yahoo! Widgets engine existed as a product called Konfabulator before Apple released Dashboard.
    True, it caused a lot of discussions in the mac community at that time. Since the release of Dashboard I guess one thinks of Dashboard widgets automatically.