Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Need php/xhtmlCSS/JS(ajax) coders in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
A company in Miami,FL just hired me to find a few programmers for a website they're putting together. Contract job for now but if you're ...

Loyal Client

Need php/xhtmlCSS/JS(ajax) coders

A company in Miami,FL just hired me to find a few programmers for a website they're putting together. Contract job for now but if you're good enough it could be salary! Yeah, I know, but I think he's at least semi serious about that.

We're collecting portfolios and resumes and will make the picks before valintines day. Please no PMs via the forum, email me your stuff. [email protected]

Heh!

AJAX has come a long way, yes?

http://ajax.sys-con.com/
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

No comment, eh?

Look, I am so far beyond PHP, XHTML, CSS and AJAX it isn't funny! It's like brushing your teeth...

Actually, I think it's funny that you're asking for ppl proficient in old protocols, but who knows... maybe there's a need for nostalgia these days.

Who's flashin' the bills?

Apriori knowledge tells me nobody...
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

Loyal Client
    What do you code in now vin?

Quote Originally Posted by olokiop View Post
    What do you code in now vin?
    A mixture of all of the above.

I'm weakest in AJAX, I suppose -- never even heard of it before Jason mentioned it in a thread, about a year ago. However, I use a little AJAX on my production site now, and my dot info site.

It took me a while to find a practical use for AJAX. I tried this and that and something else -- then it hit me -- it was PERFECT for chat!

A couple of years ago, I was trying to make some chat software that could be run on shared servers without hogging resources, e.g. affecting other users -- a better chat, if you will. I hacked IRC code and turned some of the functions into chatroom software. It worked GREAT, but I never could get it stop driving up server loads -- even sitting idle.

AJAX seemed like a perfect fit for chat -- and it was! Doesn't affect jack, when it isn't focused!

I'm gonna play around with it some more, when I get a chance...

Quote Originally Posted by Vin DSL View Post
    Look, I am so far beyond PHP, XHTML, CSS and AJAX it isn't funny! It's like brushing your teeth...
    Like perl? Aged or not these 4 things dominate the web right now. Its hardly silly to expect a huge demand for it.

---> enter our devpond company ; this thing will be full blown this summer , watch for the impact.
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Vin DSL View Post
    AJAX seemed like a perfect fit for chat -- and it was! Doesn't affect jack, when it isn't focused!
    When can we all expect to see this ajax chat ?
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    When can we all expect to see this ajax chat ?
    Been there for a long time, Chief...

http://www.lenon.com/chatterbox-dsl.html

That's the AJAX chatroom, but I got it locked down because of spammers (I'm moderating all posts)...

If you'll look on the homepage (right-side, near the bottom):

http://www.lenon.com/

...you'll see a 'Shoutbox'. This is actually the same AJAX chatroom, stuffed into a block.

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    Like perl? Aged or not these 4 things dominate the web right now. Its hardly silly to expect a huge demand for it.

---> enter our devpond company ; this thing will be full blown this summer , watch for the impact.
    I should make some AJAX thing with a Perl backend, just to irk people

Perl certainly isn't THAT dead yet, Matt. I'd be surprised if not each of the Perl teams worked with AJAX too on this one.
    Regards,

Wim Heemskerk
    ---
    Visit MeCCG.net - Cardgaming in J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth
    And Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store

Quote Originally Posted by mattsiegman View Post
    I should make some AJAX thing with a Perl backend, just to irk people
    Heh!

Go for it whiskers!

Bwahahahaha!

How does it feel to be a 21 year-old dinosaur?

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    Perl certainly isn't THAT dead yet, Matt. I'd be surprised if not each of the Perl teams worked with AJAX too on this one.
    Yeah, I know it's not dead, but people act that way, so I was having a little fun w/ it

And Vin: 20

Loyal Client
    So.. anyone want more money or what?!