Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Pre-Sale Questions. in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
On my domain When I setup a forwarder to a email address that isn't on the domain any email sent to it doesn't get forwarded ...

JPC Member

email forwarder only forwards to same domain

On my domain When I setup a forwarder to a email address that isn't on the domain any email sent to it doesn't get forwarded or returned to sender.

The only exception is if I setup a email forward to a pop3 on the same domain, then it works. But it won't forward to email address that are not on its domain.

Any ideas?

Thanks

DEHE PR manager imported_Robert's Avatar
    I believe you can't also send regular messages to the e-mail address you need your messages forwarded to? Maybe there is a problem with the remote machine. You can open a ticket and provide us with further details so that we can have a look at it closer.
    Robert McGregor
    PR manager

DEHE.com - Definition of Hosting Experts

JPC Member
    hey there,
    I was wondering if there was ever a solution to this. I am having a similar problem. I am trying to re-direct or forward emails sent to an older account to a newer one at HZ. But I can't get it to work. The only success I have had is to redirect mail to a hotmail account but that only works if I send the email from the same account to which the email is redirected (not very helpful).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Loyal Client
    See if this thread describes a related problem - but that issue only happened when an email was sent from a RZ server, it was not a problem when email was sent from other hosts.

http://forum.resellerzoom.com/showthread.php?t=1306 [Can't send email to one address]

JPC Member
    Hmm.. not sure why you guys are having problems. One of the first things I did when I set up my initial account here was cross-domain forwarding.

I just went back and did a test to make sure it was working and it works fine.

How are you trying to forward your e-mail? I just used the forwarding set up in cpanel.

Unregistered

Smile Pre-Sale Questions.

Hello, I read so much good things about DEHE, I am considering moving my server to you. Some questions for the RedHat Starter Package.

1) I need Red Hat 7.0, Apache, php, my Sql (Ver. 4.0.2), PERL (ver 5.6.1), JAVA, JavaScript, DHTML, ImageMagick, Python mysql API.
    Can you provide a server with all of the above installed? If necessary, can you allow us to install the missing program?

2) Can you take responsibility of moving my site from another ISP server? I will be happy to pay for your services.

3)What does cPanel/WHM cost? Is there any Free control panel I can use as I am not familiar with Command Line Editing.

Thanks,
    OldBoyCal

Hi OldBoyCal,

Let me answer your questions:

1. RedHat 7 is several years old. We offer RedHat 9 and RedHat Enterprise; CentOS (which will both meet your requirements because they are almost the same as RedHat 7, but with lots of improvements). We can install all of the applications you mentioned, however I would have to check on Python mysql API - I'm not familiar with that myself but possibly our techs have worked with it before.

2. We can definitely do this, and you will not have to pay us to do this, it's included for free with all packages.

3. cPanel costs only $7 per month, and it is well worth it. We do not offer any free control panel ($7 is almost free anyway). If you are looking for something completely free you could look into webmin, but you would have to install that yourself and we don't provide support for it. If you aren't familiar with command line editing I would highly recommend to get cPanel.

If you have any further questions please let us know.
    Andre van Vliet

DEHE.com - Definition of Hosting Experts