Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Will you install... in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Hello, At about 7:30PM Central Daylight Time, we received confirmed reports that quite a few of our ResellerZoom servers were down. Upon investigation, it was ...

JPC Member

[GNAX ResellerZoom Servers] Network Problems

Hello,

At about 7:30PM Central Daylight Time, we received confirmed reports that quite a few of our ResellerZoom servers were down. Upon investigation, it was determined that GNAX was having network problems. We lost total contact with the servers for about 3 minutes, followed by about 5-6 minutes of packet loss. Everything appears to be normal now as of 7:44PM. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact us.

Loyal Client
    The login to an account I have resold at resellerzoom isn't working :S mercury server

Anyone else having probs?

Unregistered

Question Will you install...

If I sign up for VPS with you can I ask you to install PHP5 and MySQL 4.1 and Apache 1.1 for me? Is that part of your managed service? I could install them myself, of course, but it would be nice not to have to.
    Also, will you enable pcntl on PHP? My current shared server host won't allow it (with good reason) but I am assuming that I am free to do this with your VPS.
    And if at some point I start to need substantially more bandwidth than is supplied with the plan can I buy it a la carte?

Thanks.

Jim

Loyal Client

yes

Yes. You can shoot an e-mail to the support department and they will install the required softwares. You simply have to tell them the name and version.

Loyal Client
    Just wondering why would you want Apache 1.1 when Apache 2.2 is out?

Paul

Apache 1.3.x is still being used by a lot of people, mainly because that's what cPanel supports. Apache 1.1 is outdated and shouldn't be used. If you would like to use a 1.x version, you should use version 1.3.34.

As for the bandwidth question: yes it's possible to add additional bandwidth. We don't have standard prices available, so if you would like your bandwidth to be upgraded please contact [email protected] then we will send you a quote.
    Andre van Vliet

DEHE.com - Definition of Hosting Experts

Unregistered

Will you install...

Sorry, I meant to write Apache 1.3. I had problems running PHP5 on the Apache 2 module I installed at home. It was proably me, but a book I was using at the time recommended avoiding Apache 2 with PHP5 (though it wouldn't say why). Am still learning and will probably upgrade when I understand the issues betteer. For the moment all is fine.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre
    As for the bandwidth question: yes it's possible to add additional bandwidth. We don't have standard prices available, so if you would like your bandwidth to be upgraded please contact [email protected] then we will send you a quote.
    Why do you write this? I take a look in this page : http://www.dehe.com/showthread.php?t=25
    and I read this interesting price 100GB for $19.
    "Overages are billed at $1/GB. You can pre-order additional bandwidth in blocks of 100GB and these cost $19 per month."

I was mainly referring to larger amounts of bandwidth, on which a bulk discount would apply. For lower amounts it would indeed be $19 per 100GB addition.
    Andre van Vliet

brew
    I was mainly referring to larger amounts of bandwidth, on which a bulk discount would apply. For lower amounts it would indeed be $19 per 100GB addition.
    out of curiousity, how many gigs/terrabytes does it take to qualify for bulk?

300GB would be considered bulk.

Note that these prices may change in the future since we rely on others (the bandwidth carriers), if they increase their prices significantly - which is unlikely, but it is possible - we may have to increase our prices too. Needless to say: once you have purchased additional bandwidth the price on that block would be frozen, so if our pricing on additional bandwidth would change after you have purchased the block then your price will remain the same.
    Andre van Vliet

Loyal Client
    Going back a few points PHP5 and Apache 2.x will work together but at the moment it is experamental so that is why it is suguested not to use them together.

But Apache 2.x and PHP4.x work fine.

Paul

Loyal Client
    Can this be purchased as needed? I'm on a one year plan and say one particular month I notice part way through that I'll exceed my monthly limit by more than a few GB, could I just purchase an extra block to complete that month?

That's not possible, bandwidth would have to be upgraded before that month starts. Once the month has started and you would exceed your bandwidth limit, that would be billed as overage. So make sure not to wait until the very last moment to upgrade.
    Andre van Vliet