Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on how much cpu resource can i use? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
hello, i know different plan with different Guaranteed RAM but i want to know how much cpu resource can i use? because if i do ...

Loyal Client

how much cpu resource can i use?

hello,
    i know different plan with different Guaranteed RAM
    but i want to know how much cpu resource can i use?
    because if i do not use to many ram but use much cpu resousce
    and you will suspend my account

thanks

Your VPS is able to use the full CPU capacity of the entire node, however this capacity is shared with the other VPS's. Each VPS gets a certain amount of CPU units:

Starter VPS: 1000 cpu units
    Business VPS: 1500 cpu units
    Enterprise VPS: 2000 cpu units

Now say there are two VPS's on a node which are trying to use 100% CPU (and the other VPS's one the node are idle). If both of those VPS's would be starter VPS's, it would be a 1000:1000 ratio, meaning each VPS would get 50% of the total CPU capacity. Now if in the same scenario we'd have 1 starter vps and 1 enterprise vps, then it's a 1000:2000 ratio. In that case the starter vps would get 33% and the enterprise vps would get 67% of the total cpu capacity.

So if your application needs a lot of CPU, it is recommended to get one of the bigger plans. Of course - it totally depends on how much CPU your application needs exactly. Can you give a description of your application?
    Andre van Vliet

DEHE.com - Definition of Hosting Experts

Loyal Client
    it is a forum of my customer,it has about 100 people on line as usual,i think it may use too much system resource of my server,so i ask him if think of vps. thanks

Loyal Client
    hi,Andre: as usual,how many account do you cerate on a server? or how do you dedicated if you should create new account on new server? thanks

Loyal Client
    about the
    Starter VPS: 1000 cpu units
    Business VPS: 1500 cpu units
    Enterprise VPS: 2000 cpu units
    it is measure by vps software ? or waht?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tuba
    it is a forum of my customer,it has about 100 people on line as usual,i think it may use too much system resource of my server,so i ask him if think of vps. thanks
    Most likely that will not be a problem, although I would recommend to go at least with the business plan, that would better fit your needs in this case.
    Andre van Vliet

hi,Andre: as usual,how many account do you cerate on a server? or how do you dedicated if you should create new account on new server? thanks
    That varies, we base this on how active each VPS is on average (we monitor the server load 24/7). We always ensure that each node has a low load for the best possible performance. Usually we place up to 25 starter VPS's on each node, but it can be less based on the circumstances.
    Andre van Vliet

about the

it is measure by vps software ? or waht?

thanks
    Yes that is measured by Virtuozzo.
    Andre van Vliet