Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Merged: Recent server move in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Instead of a shared or a real SSL certificate, is a self-signed certificate possible? ...

Loyal Client

Self-signed SSL?

Instead of a shared or a real SSL certificate, is a self-signed certificate possible?

JPC Member
    Yes, a self-signed certificate is possible. You will need a dedicated IP Address ($2/month). You can make one yourself or use https://www.cacert.org (add domain > new Domain Certificates).

I tried using cpanel but that didn't work. So, I opened a ticket and had RZ admins do for me.

https://gogogadgetscott.info/

Loyal Client

Post Problem & No Response From Support

Alright, I'm not sure what's going on down in DEHE land, but it sure as hell isn't progress.

I sent an email on the 25th of August and still have not received a reply. Since that date I have had issues using my Virtuzzo control panel.

Yet to receive a response.

I don't like airing these things out in public, but it seems as what is required to get the ball rolling.

Regards,

Joel

Loyal Client

Cool Non support during the weekends?

Hi,

Before this “switch” of support area, we us to get support during the weekends and nights too with max 10-15 minutes response time.

Is it possible for us to switch back to “old” support staff?

Regz.

Loyal Client
    Hi,friend.

I think that you can try to do:

the username is 'root', it not other(e.p:admin)

lol.

Loyal Client
    Support is now looking at this issue.

Joel,

Our support is currently about as fast as it gets, if you didn't receive a response to your initial ticket on the 25th, then it most likely was never received (or you didn't receive their response).

If you want me to investigate what happened, please let me know the ticket ID.
    Andre van Vliet

DEHE.com - Definition of Hosting Experts

Ticket Monkey
    The "old" support staff are still here. So I'm unsure as to the issue you may have ran into? Feel free to pm me any ticket ID numbers that havent been taken care of promptly and we'll investigate. Thanks.

Loyal Client
    Well it was during the last weekend, I opened several tickets but it took more time than usual to answer them. But yes, finally they answered and helped me to solve them as usually.

All credits for your very competent support!

Loyal Client
    yes i have noticed a delayed response, but, never the less, the problem is always solved.

We are working on the response speed - things will only get better Previously we sometimes had the problem that we tried to respond too fast without actually getting the problem solved, and I guess it's better to respond a little slower but actually getting the problem solved. But needless to say, we will try to minimize any delays.

We are also prioritizing each ticket. For instance an emergency ticket would get priority over an information request. In such a scenario it may seem like a delay to the customer who submitted the information request, but that's just because we gave the emergency ticket priority.

If you ever think that our staff is taking an excessive amount of time to respond, then please let me or one of our senior admins know and we will look at it and try to improve the situation (not just in that ticket, but we will also address it with the staff involved with the ticket).
    Andre van Vliet

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre
    If you ever think that our staff is taking an excessive amount of time to respond, then please let me or one of our senior admins know and we will look at it and try to improve the situation (not just in that ticket, but we will also address it with the staff involved with the ticket).
    Obviously, it is essential to take care of the more urgent tickets, as this proves more important than something that is minor. However, maybe replying to a ticket ASAP with a response similar to "we are working on you problem and will update you as soon as we have a solution". Although you have an automated system which does this, this can lead to people thinking that the ticket has been over looked. Just a thought.

Also, who are the senior admins. Can you not create a thread somewhere with a staff list, and update it as neccassary? (obviously this thread would be locked).

Just some thoughts that i think would help to improve the great service you already offer

I appreciate the comments!

Yes a confirmation can be useful in some cases, but with an information request for instance it would be a bit silly to answer that we've seen the ticket, as then we may as well respond with the answer rightaway (but we can't always do that due to the priority on some other tickets).

As for posting the senior admins list: those are basically the people whom are posting here at the forums, so if you ever have any suggestions or complaints you may feel free to post them on the forums and you'll be sure someone looks into it. If you ever have a complaint about a ticket specific issue, then please state that in the ticket itself and request the ticket to be handed over to a senior staff member.

Thank you
    Andre van Vliet

Loyal Client
    Ok andre, sounds good

Yes, i totally agree with it being silly to respond to those tickets. I should have clarified my self a little better. A response could maybe be for tickets that require techs to actually touch the vps/server to sort what ever the ticket is about.

Loyal Client

Exclamation Vps down

my vps is down. Nobody reply to this ticket #2354035

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast