Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on VPN on my Linux VPS in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Hi, Is it possible to run a VPN service ( like openvpn ) on my Lunix VPS ? Also is it possible to run a ...

JPC Member

VPN on my Linux VPS

Hi,

Is it possible to run a VPN service ( like openvpn ) on my Lunix VPS ?

Also is it possible to run a VPN service somehow that I can connect to it via Windows WAM Miniport ( PPTP ) ?

Thanks

Yes, you can run vpn service like openvpn on linux vps. It requires a kernel level module tun/tap to be loaded into the hardware node. If it is not loaded at this time on your node, we can schedule it as it requires all vps to be restarted. You will need to open a support ticket from your DEHE Dashboard to have it setup for you.

DOH, masood me be to it

Loyal Client
    Reviving an old post here...
    I'm looking at setting up a PPTP VPN on my Linux VPS. Will I run into any problems? Anything I should be aware of?

Thanks!

No problems we are ware of. Many of our clients setup VPN on their VPS and use it regularly.
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]Masood N. [/COLOR] | [COLOR="Red"]Chief Technical Officer[/COLOR][SIZE="3"] JaguarPC.com[/SIZE]

Loyal Client
    Thanks! I've currently got OpenVPN but it's a pain to set up on my tablet, which has PPTP support built-in.