Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on No POP3 on Silver + other problems in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I'm posting here because I've submitted two tickets and so far only got the automated response. My domain is zvi.org and I'm on Silver. I ...

E.Z
    Loyal Client

Angry Hello? Is there anyone in Support? Probably not...

I'm posting here because I've submitted two tickets and so far only got the automated response.

My domain is zvi.org and I'm on Silver.

I can't receive any email for several days now. Messages sent to my domain never show up on the recepient mailbox, and the sender doesn't get any error message (ticket #1036335941).

Now there's an even worse problem: whenever I try to check mailboxes on my domain, the email client fails (tried several clients). To make sure it's a server fault, I tried to telnet to the POP3 port and indeed it seems that the server doesn't respond to that port. Either the connection is refused or a the message: "-ERR Cpanel License is invalid" shows up (ticket #1036411223).

I hope someone from Jaguar will finally take notice of those issues. My email is effectively down for at least 48 hours and nothing has been done.
    Last edited by E.Z; 11-07-2002 at 02:43 AM.

The license file thing is been common lately. Are you sure that you are connecting to silver? A lot of Aletia clients seem to be having trouble with DNS flip-flops. BAsically, one DNS server replies with the new IP and another with the old one. Since the servers that Aletia was leasing are no longer under JPC control, the CP licenses on them are no longer valid.

As for email not showing up, it could be a related issue. The email may be going to one server, while you check the other. Try connecting to the servers with your IP address (old and new) instead of domain name and see if you find anything.

Good luck.

--Jason
    Jason Pitoniak
    Interbrite Communications
    www.interbrite.com www.kodiakskorner.com

E.Z
    Loyal Client
    Jason,

Thanks for trying to help, but I don't think it's a DNS related issue.

Everything worked normally for several days, and I don't see how the old DNS server could suddenly start propagating the old IP addresses. Well now it seems that the POP3 port responds again.

However the first problem - emails not received - still persists. I'm 100% sure that they are sent to the correct server (ie. domain resolves to the new IP address), becuase I can query the same DNS server that my SMTP uses.

So there's another problem on Silver, at least for my domain. I'm getting tired of all those problems...

Ironically during Aletia's worst months, the server I was on (Cheetah) was quite good. With the move to JaguarPC, Cheetah and its successor Silver, suffer endless problems.

EZ.

E.Z
    Loyal Client

Angry

Will someone in support wake up?

I can't receive any email for most of the last two weeks, because of multiple problems:
    * Spam filter bug
    * POP3 port not responding
    * Wrong DNS entries
    * Emails never received (don't know why)

With some action from Support and probably quite some luck as well, the first 3 issues were resolved.

However there is STILL a problem and I DON'T receive emails AT ALL.

A ticket (#1036335941) is open since November 3rd. The Support rep who replied after 2 days (Lijoe), didn't bother to go as far as read the description of the problem, let alone try to understand or, heaven forbid, solve it.

I really miss Aletia's support. Even at their worst, all my tickets were resolved in less than 24 hours.

EZ

E.Z
    Loyal Client
    Just posted another ticket (since the one I opened a week ago are ignored).

Ticket number is 1036850734

I'm doing this just out of curiosity.

Since I can't do without email, I've switched my domain to another web host (Dixiesys - excellent!).

If JaguarPC offers reasonable compensation (after fixing the problem of course), then maybe I'll switch back.

EZ