Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on server moves & our dns servers in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
We're having some trouble with our accounts... I've verified that accessing them via IP works, so there's a problem with the domain name resolution. We ...

Loyal Client

Question server moves & our dns servers

We're having some trouble with our accounts... I've verified that accessing them via IP works, so there's a problem with the domain name resolution. We have one account with our registrar that uses another host--therefore a different nameserver--and it's working fine.

So I'm thinking perhaps the problem is our nameservers, ns.devilbearsolutions.com and ns2.devilbearsolutions.com. All of our resold Jag accounts use those names for their nameservers, and the registrar has their IPs as 64.239.28.20 and 64.239.28.42.

Do these need to be changed? To what?

We're running into the same problem (ns.BeDrinkable.net and ns2.BeDrinkable.net). I'm more than happy to submit IP addresses changes to the registrars, I just don't know what to change them to. I have a support ticket in as well, so if I hear back I'll spread the word.

Loyal Client
    Glad we're not the only ones... if this is indeed the problem, it seems like it could (and should!) have been prevented entirely. I've already had one customer in particular call four times this morning. He NEEDS his email to do his work. <sigh>

Loyal Client
    What they need to do is put the old IPs back (that way our customer's sites begin functioning again and we don't have to wait for a registrar update) and THEN do what they should have done in the first place to make the transition seamless.

Well, I haven't received a reply yet, but my accounts are back online. You may want to check yours.

Loyal Client
    wooHOO! Let's hope they stay up

you both should have received your new houston name server ip's today. If you didnt please let me know and I'll take care of that for you.
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

Loyal Client
    Well

I had new ip's since 4 week, and I still have DNS issue when resolving some names.

Originally posted by guepe
    Well

I had new ip's since 4 week, and I still have DNS issue when resolving some names.
    Maybe some of your users are using their own dns and didnt update their ip ? Just throwing out a possibility.
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager