Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Mysql slow? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Maybe its just em and I dont understand, but when my site slows down to a near halt, I do a tracert and report it ...

Loyal Client

Mysql slow?

Maybe its just em and I dont understand, but when my site slows down to a near halt, I do a tracert and report it in a ticket.

I try and explain to the support person that it only seems to slow when accessing the Mysql database, ie: my BB systems and my CMS system that I am working on at the moment.

The response is usually - "we can access your site without a problem, can you send us a tracert when this happens again"

well, the tracert's always(well nearly, im on host17) are fine, in fact getting to my homepage is fine - its just the other parts of my site that slow down.

Can anybody tell me if the MySQL server is on a different box or is it kept on the same one as apache - I am trying to figure out if its a congestion between the webserver and mysql.

Many thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this for me

Rgards,
    Tony.

PS. the thing that prompted me to post this is that its slowing down again.

Since we access mysql in scripts with "localhost," I'd say it must be on the same machine. I can't imagine what could be causeing the slowdown for just MySQL...

--Jason
    Jason Pitoniak
    Interbrite Communications
    www.interbrite.com www.kodiakskorner.com

Loyal Client
    thanks Jason, i didnt think of the localhost bit! lol - I feel stupid now

The slowdown seems to go in pockets - it didnt happen like this before the server move

but then a lot of things other things happend before we moved, and I dont really want to talk about them

Many Thanks,
    Tony.

LOL! It wasn't my intent to make you feel stupid.

--Jason
    Jason Pitoniak
    Interbrite Communications
    www.interbrite.com www.kodiakskorner.com