Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Domain Registration - Retro... in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
When I ordered my original Aletia account, I also took care of domain registration. Now that I want to separate manage the domain using AletiaNIC, ...

Loyal Client

Question Domain Registration - Retro...

When I ordered my original Aletia account, I also took care of domain registration. Now that I want to separate manage the domain using AletiaNIC, nothing happens (of course).

What is the procedure I need to follow to get the domain under the adminstration of an account I have created? Do I have to pay for another year of registration before that can happen?

Did you register the domain with a registrar other than eNom/AletiaNic? Generally what you need to do is intiate a transfer with the new registrar. They'll notify the old registrar that you want to change and the old registrar will confirm it with you. If all goes well (or with some registrars, even if it doesn't) you'll be charged a transfer fee, which will add another year on to your registration.

So yes, you have to pay for another year of registration, but the procedure you follow is a domain transfer. AletiaNIC has a "Quick Transfers" link right on the main page.

--Jason
    Jason Pitoniak
    Interbrite Communications
    www.interbrite.com www.kodiakskorner.com

If you have already created an account at AletiaNIC, and your domain was registered at AletiaNIC, then just open a support ticket and request that your domain be pushed into your account and post/pm your ticket number
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]Masood N. [/COLOR] | [COLOR="Red"]Chief Technical Officer[/COLOR][SIZE="3"] JaguarPC.com[/SIZE]

Loyal Client

I tried...

No one responds when I try to email, fax or leave a message.

So I send email using the listed email addresses. Those are rejected.

I leave a voicemail. No one responds.

I send a fax. No one responds.

Also, I was just on www.enom.com and now their site claims that they are my registrar for "naswok.org." How can that be?

I've just been getting the run around and am beyond upset.

AmigaPC...

AletiaNIC is a reseller for eNom.

--Jason
    Jason Pitoniak
    Interbrite Communications
    www.interbrite.com www.kodiakskorner.com