Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on CP Error in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
My CP is not in good condition..... and I asked Jag to fix it more than a week ago. What are they doing? I was ...

JPC Member

Angry CP Error

My CP is not in good condition.....
    and I asked Jag to fix it more than a week ago.

What are they doing?

I was given 200Mb web space and I am not using more than
    1Mb but on the CP it says "disk Usage 187MB,12Mb left"

This made big problems because I cannot FTP more than 12MB.

I lost several important emails because of this problem.

Emails returned to senders.

I had to delete all my files from your server in order to make space for recieveing emails.

This still continues.ALmost 2 weeks.

Programmer... And more... megmond's Avatar
    If you SSH into your account, you should be able to run a command 'du' to see how much data you have stored (and where).

Mind you that the numbers may include subdirectories so you should not simply sum them up for a total.

One user a while ago was using a lot of space due to the 'catchall' email address for the domain. That is, if anyone sends you email at a nonexistant address (for example [email protected]) it ends up at the catch-all. You should regularly check and empty that box.

However, 180+MB seems a bit much, even for a catchall mailbox...

As to your support ticket (assuming you have one open), modify it to add that you are still waiting for a fix and it's been two weeks. IF you don't have a support ticket yet, create one at the ticket desk (if you don't have an account there yet, just create one).
    Curious? Check out my main activities at http://www.elmerproductions.com/igor