Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on any update for Aletia customers' migration? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
i guess this is it, migration of Aletia customers to Houston. there is no pre-notice about this migration, though a support person told me that ...

Loyal Client

Question any update for Aletia customers' migration?

i guess this is it, migration of Aletia customers to Houston.

there is no pre-notice about this migration, though a support person told me that a migration is going to happen couple of weeks ago, dealing with one of my tickets.

however, i'd be very happy to see the migration - if the old problems with Aletia will disappear.

but, how long will this migration take? i've been waiting for more than 24 hours, no reply on support ticket, no access to my website or database, left in the totally darkness.

Loyal Client
    As far as I am aware, all sites have been migrated to the new servers a couple of weeks ago.

It does seem that your domain (cloudland.net) is hosted elsewhere with non-Jaguar nameservers. This information will need to be corrected.

Loyal Client
    thanks eirenz, my site is www.cloudworld.net

i lost contact with my site yesterday, after MySQL refused to work.

after that, the ip address of my site changed from 2xx.xxx.xxx.xxx to 66.xxx.xxx.xxx and visualroute showed it's now in Houston. i guess the migration happened last night - at least for me, and maybe some customers on the old Dolphin.

It's likely that you were one of the users whose DNS records were incorrect. Several Aletia customers had problems in the migration because their domain names were incorrectly pointing to the old IP addresses (and thus, the old servers).

You were almost certainly migrated at the same time as everyone else, but your new IP just started resolving when you noticed the IP address changed.

Loyal Client
    my migration is finished. everything is up now, except the database - all the data between 30 Oct and 5 Nov are lost. i guess this is because JPC used monthly backup, as happened to another customer...

i tried to ssh my old server's ip, and start mysql - the server complained "too many connections"...

any help please? ticket issued...

Programmer... And more... megmond's Avatar
    The old server(s) are no longer used for anything really. It seems lucky if you can still access anything on it.

That you lost several days of data might be related to the fact that your old site was still being used by many people, thus storing all new forum messages on the old server, where they shouldn't have been. (And of course since the data was moved on the 30th, all data since is only available on the old server).

Support might still be able to help you get access to the old site (database) so you might be able to get back some of the lost data.
    Curious? Check out my main activities at http://www.elmerproductions.com/igor

Loyal Client
    thanks, megmond. waiting for the support person now...

Aletia Customer
    And furthermore, you should still be able to login to your account on the aletia server via your old I.P. address if you need any non-MySQL data that has changed since Oct. 30th.

Originally posted by Joshua Clinard
    And furthermore, you should still be able to [...]
    "Might" is a better word, unfortunately. Some servers, such as cobra, are no longer accessible because their owners have already re-leased them to other clients (Aletia was just leasing servers). All old server leases expired on October 31, from my understanding. Any remaioning access is just luck.

My advice is to make a local copy on your PC of all your files if you haven't already, then compare what's on your new server to that. If you rely on their being available on the old server, you might have a rude surprise in the upcoming days. Jaguar has backups and can get data for you from them, but I'm not sure when they date from. Certainly, they won't have any data from after October 31.