Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on cPanel Add-Ons in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Greg, I am wondering how often Add-Ons to cPanel are upgraded? With the new version of PHPbb being released and seeing it in action on ...

Loyal Client

cPanel Add-Ons

Greg,

I am wondering how often Add-Ons to cPanel are upgraded?

With the new version of PHPbb being released and seeing it in action on how long it would take to have it here?

There seems to be alot of new stuff out there.
    Also cPanel is realeasing version 11 next month would you be upgrading it to all customer at no additional charge. Looking at the screenshots it is pretty nice.
    Last edited by djbitzc; 05-26-2007 at 07:56 PM.

Rob
    cPanel will be upgraded automatically from WHM unless you tell it otherwise... If it doesnt upgrade open a ticket.

when PHPBB3 becomes available cPanel would most likely release an update containing PHPBB3 as well as bug fixes etc
    Rob

Loyal Client
    BTW Rob,
    How did you get you Server Stats like that. I like it alot.

Loyal Client
    Be careful upgrading manually. I tried to manually upgrade a scripted install of e107 a while back;. The upgrade went well but cPanel refused to recognize it. Then I tried to run the automatic update and it corrupted the database. BACKUP!

So the lesson here would have to be, Once automatic, always automatic. Even if the cPanel team members are being n00bz about it and take 8 months to push the upgrade.
    Starving grad student fund = Domains.greypc.com ;

Ticket Monkey
    We tend to only upgrade cpanel once its "stable". We don't want you guys to suffer through the usually "buggy" new releases cpanel puts out.