Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Re-seller manual for clients in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
In the " Re-seller How To " it says: # STEP 8 - Using our documentation create your own online manual or knowledgebase for your ...

Banned

Re-seller manual for clients

In the "Re-seller How To" it says:

# STEP 8 - Using our documentation create your own online manual or knowledgebase for your clients. (brandable managed manual coming soon)

Any update on that? It's quite difficult to go through all the help pages / KB extracting bits of information to re-format for one's own site.

Rob
    There will be a reseller manual in the cPanel Front End... Click on documentation

Alternatively goto http://www.cpanel.net/support/docs/index.htm
    Rob

Banned
    That's fine, as a cPanel manual. But cPanel is not a web hosting service, it's just one small component.

What I was referring to (in fact, what I said) was the various help pages and knowledge base articles.

Perhaps JagPC could make the knowledge base system accessible to its resellers as a SOAP webservice, so they can easily display the info on their own sites? (Not a public webservice, but one only accessible by the resellers.)
    Regards,

Wim Heemskerk
    ---
    Visit MeCCG.net - Cardgaming in J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth
    And Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store

Loyal Client

Thumbs down

Guys, honestly, all I read in these forums is "I signed up but now there's nobody to hold my hand and tell me what to do".

I spent a month figuring out how to work WHM properly and secure the server. Learn by trial, not by books which become outdated in months (frequent WHM releases = case in point).

That way when you're not sure about something at least you'll be able to draw on your past experience, not try to find a doc guide about it.

You have a point about hand holding. Some people seem to think that anything anyone can buy with a few mouseclicks must surely be fully understandable and operatable by anyone as well. Well, too bad; it still takes skill, knowledge and at the very least effort. If one lacks too much of any of those, one will have to hire it someplace as a seperate service.

But trial an error as a holy grail? So.. now you have accounts on that server of yours, do you still continue to learn new things by trial and error? I'd much prefer my hoster to RTFM before he starts experimenting with the live server I'm on..
    Regards,

Wim Heemskerk
    ---
    Visit MeCCG.net - Cardgaming in J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth
    And Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store

Rob
    I agree with the knowledge base being able to be accessed by SOAP or another form of scripting.

Trial and error can be very risky when you have clients on the server. If you are going to do that i recommend you set-up a test box at home
    Rob

SOAP sucks, Shampoo is better........ohh wait what?

-------------------------
    the_ancient
    MP Technology Group

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate View Post
    Guys, honestly, all I read in these forums is "I signed up but now there's nobody to hold my hand and tell me what to do".

I spent a month figuring out how to work WHM properly and secure the server.
    Good for you.

Learn by trial, not by books which become outdated in months (frequent WHM releases = case in point).
    Thanks for the lecture, but I'd rather do it right the first time.