Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on What kind of plan would you suggest?? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
What kind of hosting plan would you suggest for primarily a vbulletin forum that would be quite active (like 50+ registered users) on at one ...

Loyal Client

What kind of plan would you suggest??

What kind of hosting plan would you suggest for primarily a vbulletin forum that would be quite active (like 50+ registered users) on at one time. The forum would more than likely have a lot of activity and posts daily.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Ron
    Loyal Client
    You're probably on the borderline between a regular longhorn plan and an SDX plan, which is the same shared hosting, but with only a fraction of the accounts.

If you're planning on growing, SDX is the way to go.
    Good luck

Loyal Client
    SDX? Is that a semi-dedicated server?

Ron
    Loyal Client
    Yes, sort of. SDX is JaguarPC's Semi-Dedicated plan.

The SDX is a fully managed shared plan that gives you access to much higher level of resources than an ordinary shared plan, which is what you will need as your site grows.
    Good luck

Ticket Monkey
    I agree with Ron - Sounds like SDX is the way to go for you. Just ~in case~
    Here's the link with the details. Drop us a line at [email protected] if you have any questions.
    http://www.jaguarpc.com/semi-dedicat...-dedicated.php

Add another vote for SDX...

Sorry for the tired cliche, but that's what I'm running and it rocks!!!

My site gets about 50k page views a day, from 60 or so countries - give or take - and I have absolutely, positively zero complaints with the SDX plan!

I don't even know who works in 'support' any more. Haven't had to contact them in months...

And, my site hammers the sql server pretty hard. I just checked my dbs - hadn't checked them in a while - no repairs were required - which I used to have to do daily on regular shared hosting.

Anyway, I suspect you will be totally happy with SDX too!
    Last edited by Vin DSL; 05-29-2007 at 02:06 PM.
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010